Nokia's Lumia 928 gets official on Verizon, coming next week for $99

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Nokia’s Lumia 928 smartphone is now official as Verizon Wireless just announced it ahead of a planned Nokia media event next Tuesday in London. The new handset will carry a Gorilla Glass-coated 4.5-inch AMOLED display operating at 1,280 x 768 and a snazzy 8.7-megapixel camera with a Carl Zeiss f/ 2.0 lens (the same one from the Lumia 920) and xenon flash.

The new Lumia will be powered by a dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor ticking along at 1.5GHz, 32B of flash storage and a 2,000mAh battery. NFC and contactless charging will come standard while the camera will include features like panorama mode and optical image stabilization. It will connect to Verizon’s 4G LTE network and is “Global Ready” – meaning you can drop in a GSM SIM card and take it anywhere in the world.

The overall design of the handset is said to be striking although there is one downside: the body is constructed of polycarbonate (plastic), not aluminum. If this is the “Catwalk” phone we’ve been hearing so much about (it certainly sounds like it from the specs), then perhaps Nokia decided to keep costs down by opting for cheaper building materials.

The Nokia Lumia 928 will be hitting stores on May 16 in white and black color schemes. Expect to pay $99.99 with a mail-in rebate. There’s also a $25 Windows Phone credit available that can be used to purchase apps and games – a nice little added bonus.

Permalink to story.

It sounds like it can do a lot of things. I wonder if you can make & receive calls with it... He never mentioned it in the video.

If they gave it to me for free and if it could be wiped and loaded with Android I would get one.

Back