Norton 2007 and the Internet...Please Help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zent

My grandparents recenelty bought a new PC with Windows Vista Home Premium OS. And it has Norton Internet Security 2007, and the internet provider is BT (British Telecoms). Before I installed Norton the internet was working fine but when i installed norton i cant go on the internet. Also the internet is wirless, and it is a hub which provides the internet.

Windows is saying i am connected to the hub but with limited access and occasionaly it says Local Only. I have tried wiring it up with an ethernet but it still wont work. Can anyone please help me it would be much appreciated .Thanks.

seems like norton is thinking again...
what you need to do is make sure your only using one firewall .. either windows or norton (imo id use windows coz i hate norton coz of its resource hogging tendencies)
anyway if you wanna use norton .....you need to find whcih apps its blocked and allowed
make sure taht all your BT related stuff is allowed
you may even want to try mozilla:firefox .... it seems able to cope with alot of hurdles to get on the net where as IE tends to fall at the slightest complication

Disable the Norton personal fireewall. If that doesn't correct the problem, then disable all the Norton features. If it does, then re-enable each feature until you find which one is causing the problem. Then repost.

Uninstall Norton,use PCillin

I had Kapersky antivirus on my Vista desktop with a wireless network,and it gave me a very similar problem. Sometimes it would connect,sometimes it would not, sometimes I would get theblue screen of death. So, I uninstalled Kapersky and installed Trend Micro PCillin Internet Security (comes with firewall) and now life is good. Vista seems to be really sensitive to these things, unlike XP.

I install AVG anti-virus for customers who have a problem with their Norton or McAfee. AVG is smaller and still a very good AV. Plus it's free!

Hey, sorry for the delay in repostin. Been On holiday. Yeah they did I got rid of norton and put on AVG and Spybot S&D and now its working fine. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back