Norton 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vancouverite

I am using the newest version of Norton 360 and several times a day the process "LUCOMS~1.exe" comes up in task manager. It takes up alot of memory when its running usually causing anything im running at the time to crash or freeze. I just subscribed to another year and it is also being used on a household laptop (so 2 computers). I don't want to uninstall because the laptop is important for work and i dont want to screw it up. so my question is, can i stop just that process from coming up whenever it wants, or somthing that wont affect my Norton 360, or im i just f***ed? it seems many people have this problem but i can't find any solutions other than uninstalling.

Lucoms~1.exe is a part of Symantecs Internet security suite and deals with mainly live updates, which keep your product up to date from the latest security threats. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.\r see: lucomserver.exe

Found that HERE

norton and most commercial antiviri programs are system resource hogs. Try clam win. Free and non-resident.

Tedster, is there a reason why you don't leave any links for programs you are recommending?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back