Norton Ghost failed to finish installing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmmalito

It doesn't show up anywhere on my system. I have tried "Add/Remove Programs" & Revo Uninstaller and neither of them show the program. However, everytime I try to install the program through its installation wizard it says, "Norton Ghost has found a newer version of this software. Please uninstall Norton Ghost 4.0 before continuing." What should I do???

Use a current version of Norton Ghost. The usual reason is that you are using an out of date product.

I just bought it in the store. The version I am trying to install is the same version it is saying it sees already installed on my system. However I can't seem to find it to uninstall it, thus my dilema. I don't know what or where it "sees" this other version, so I don't know how to delete/uninstall it.

Remove any Symantec or Norton programs first (ie Norton Antivirus)

Once all Symantec programs are removed from your computer, use the:

Norton Removal Tool

To remove any program that didn't remove normally (like the old version of Ghost)
This tool is for Ghost removal as well.

Let us know if it worked

Norton finally got a Forum of their own. After all these years. It appears as if they actually answers their users. But it might also be a good idea, though, to continue to maintain a thread in here for an independent review. Norton Community: http://community.norton.com/norton/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back