Not a bug, but annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyker

I just reformated my computer and finsihed updateing drivers and all that basic have to do must do stuff, now this isn't the first time I've done this, but now for some reason my internet browser's have this sort of wave effect ? Is the best way I can describe it, and its extremly annoying, it literally took me nearly 10 mins just to get here to post, it seems to slow everything down huge and it's not longer smooth (wave effect happens everytime I scroll up or down or side to side ) If i remeber right, there is a way to disable it, I think I've done handled this before, But I just cant seem to figure it out this time around, thanks alot guys.

nathan

look in the System Properties under the Advanced Tab. there's three presets
and the ability to tweek as you please. suggest you disable all animations

kk looking through it now, but no luck haha. I just want this wave thing to go away before I wig

Wouldn't think its that, I just reformated a few hours ago. Maybe ill download spybot and few other's to double check, ill be rather upset my comp effed me over so fast lol !

And not I havn't tried firefox yet

You won't believe how fast PCs get infected. My friend got a brand new HP Pavilion desktop and connected it to the net. He was surfing while installing BitDefender and after the install, when he ran a quick scan, it caught around 15 trojans and other nasties! So I think it's probably that. Also, I recommend Firefox or Opera as a faster and more secure alternative to IE. Use IE for Windows Update and the like but use Firefox/Opera for everything else. I'm sure you'll notice the difference. And last but not the least, get a good free firewall program like ZoneAlarm, Kerio Sunbelt or Comodo as well as good anti-spyware like Windows Defender, Ad-Aware and Spybot(to name a few) to keep ur PC safe and running well. BTW, how much RAM do u have?

Computer specs are 2.81 GHZ 1024 ram.

still no luck with it, still waveing around, it also does it to window's browser's say my computer or my documents or any other file. So im thinking its just a setting I cant locate heh

I know you said you`d reformatted recently, but I`d like to check for anything nasty on your system, just in case.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Cyker only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Cyker said:
still no luck with it, still waveing around, it also does it to window's browser's say my computer or my documents or any other file. So im thinking its just a setting I cant locate heh
Then it's most likely a nasty like a worm or a Trojan of some sort.

Welll....Im an etard, it was the 3dcard drivers :| everything works great now.thanks guys for the help

Oh, good. At least ur PC was okay. I'd hate to see an infected PC. Good luck and if you have any other problems, do contact us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back