Not fully ACPI compliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently decided to upgrade my spare PC with a new CPU. It originally had a AMD Athlon 64 3000 2.0GHZ for 754 socket. I swapped it out with an AMD Athlon 64 3700+ for 754 socket. After installing CPU and starting up the PC, right before it started to load Windows a blue screen came up with an error saying:
STOP: 0x000000A5 (Parameter1, Parameter2, Parameter3, Parameter4)
The ACPI Bios in this system is not fully compliant to the specification. Please read the readme.txt for possible workarounds, or contact your system vendor for an updated bios.

The bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated bios. If you are unable to obtain an updated bios or the latest bios supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant, you can turn off ACPI mode during text mode setup. To do this, simply press the F7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers. The system will not notify you that the F7 key was pressed - it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installation."

So I flashed the BIOS with the most current version the manufacturer recommended me to use (458WP328.BIN) and still the error comes up. I'm at a loss and am not sure how to rectify the problem. Any feed back on this issue would be appreciated.

Motherboard: Foxconn K8S755A-6EKRS
Using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

Some responses from around the web

Don't have floppy first in boot order, set cdrom first.
Disable APM in bios.Possible to enable it after driver/windows updates.
Disable Legacy USB Support in bios.
Change the jumper setting to CS on your HDD
Enable ACPI in BIOS
Repair Windows ! (This one is the favorite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back