Not surprising: Online college stores charge 35% more for laptops

Julio Franco

TechSpot Editor
Staff member
Buying your laptop on campus can cost you more than your typical back-to-school sale. To save money, compare prices and look for deals outside your campus.

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/57745-not-surprising-online-college-stores-charge-35-more-for-laptops.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

p51d007

TS Evangelist
Well, if you are willing to go into debt to the tune of 100,000, 200,000 or more for a four year degree, that half the time is worthless when you get out, then I guess paying an extra 30% or more for a silly laptop with a 1/2 eaten Apple logo isn't that big of a deal.

Skidmarksdeluxe

TS Evangelist
Ahhh yesss... There's nothing quite as satisfying and gratifying as fleecing the cash strapped, unsuspecting and misinformed student, it's a close second to looting the dead.
Seriously though, I don't know how these parasites can live with themselves, I guess they don't have consciences.

GeforcerFX

TS Evangelist
Well, if you are willing to go into debt to the tune of 100,000, 200,000 or more for a four year degree, that half the time is worthless when you get out, then I guess paying an extra 30% or more for a silly laptop with a 1/2 eaten Apple logo isn't that big of a deal.
what what schools are you looking at?

captaincranky

TechSpot Addict
To the upside you can buy Adobe Photoshop at 1/2 price if you're a student or teacher!

You say you can't buy Photoshop anymore, you have to subscribe?

Never mind, I'm sorry, there is no upside...:D

D

davislane1

what what schools are you looking at?
Most of the high ranking schools charge out of state tuition of 50-70 thousand per year. Four and five year degrees don't come cheap these days.