NTSC TV Test Patterns in .VOB request

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFJ

Hi All in AV Forum,

I'm looking for some tv test patterns in unprotected .vob (DVD)file format. The usual type of patterns such a cross-hatch, colour bars and dots (to help with focusing). Can anyone direct to a site where I can legally download or can someone compress and email me some files please?

Regards

PFJ

hey you can easily get a bunch of dvd's on the market that do this,they help you set up your dvd player and calibrate your settings.i hear thx have good setup discs might want to check them out,they have dozens of pattern loaded in them and will guide you through most of the procedures.also you can google around for some test patterns but i think it would be a headache to convert them to vob and then check,by the way do you need it for your dvd player or your pc?

Hi Shadow 29,

I need it as an aid to carry out standard quality & alignment functions on RGB monitors. This is my scenario...I have purchased a profesional DVD with all of the test patterns but during production of the monitors the Technicians use a PC with a sigmadesigns Xmedia card which recognises .avi/.mpg/.vob to adjust the monitors and the purchased test pattern (TP) DVD does not allow me to copy the TP file into the Xmedia player.

So that is why I'm on the look out for TPs that are not copy-righted (well I think that's why the DVD won't allow me play the file). I suppose TPs in other format would suffice but there is the quality of image issue.

Regards

PFJ

Have you tried creating a test DVD by yourself?

You could draw simple test images with just about any image application you like, and author a slideshow DVD, for example.

DVDAuthorGUI is a free tool (well, a frontend for dvdauthor) that can create such discs. Of course there are others, too.

Well...I have considered using Corel_R.A.V.E. but after failing a few times I gave up. As with most software one needs to gain proficiency to make it work.

I'll have a look at your suggestion and give it a try.

Copying and adding files is a lot easier for me to do with my limited skills.

Regards

PFJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back