Number of NVME Sticks

GLenn63

I have a asus X570-p motherboard with a 1TB Firecuda 510 NVME M2 ssd installed. I've read that this board could have duel or 2 NVME's installed. Would I be able to put in another 1 or 2TB NVME stick in ?

Thanks Neeyik, That's what I thought. They are pretty expensive so I was being extra cautious.
I was thinking about getting the 2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVME and I would like your opinion as to what you think is the best choice among among my options that would be compatible with my motherboard.

I was thinking about getting the 2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVME and I would like your opinion as to what you think is the best choice among among my options that would be compatible with my motherboard.
No. Samsung is overpriced and because of their false advertising, Samsung SSD drives should be completely avoided.

There are better alternatives like Western Digital SN750, PNY XLR8 CS3030 or Adata XPG SX8200 Pro. And many others.

No. Samsung is overpriced and because of their false advertising, Samsung SSD drives should be completely avoided.

There are better alternatives like Western Digital SN750, PNY XLR8 CS3030 or Adata XPG SX8200 Pro. And many others.
Thanks for the info, Does my motherboard support GEN4? If not it looks like I may Go with Adata XPG SX8200 Pro ssd 4TB. Amazon has them for $500.

Thanks for the info, Does my motherboard support GEN4? If not it looks like I may Go with Adata XPG SX8200 Pro ssd 4TB. Amazon has them for $500.
It supports Gen 4. 4TB SSD is somewhat overkill unless you really have use for it.
Samsung may be over priced. But they are good drives. So I wouldn't go so far as to say they should be avoided.
I would. Virtually every other company on industry stick with standard terms: SLC, MLC, TLC, QLC and PLC.

Samsung's marketing develop own misleading terms. Like TLC = 3-bit MLC and QLC = 4-bit MLC. Most people don't know what is 4-bit MLC, they just look that MLC part and "know" that MLC is better than QLC so Samsung's 4-bit MLC is MLC and so better than any TLC drive.

Enough reason for me to boycott Samsung's SSD drives. That marketing is non standard and it's only purpose is to mislead customers.

There are a lot of brands out there and in some cases there are microseconds that are the difference between them, and I would probably not be able to tell the difference in real world applications. But I'm becoming like a junkie looking for my next fix, last week I bought a Razer Cynosa V2 and I'm already tweaking again. I'm ready to pull the trigger on getting a Gigabyte Aorus NVMe Gen4 M.2 2TB PCI-Express 4.0 retailing at $440.00 with heatsink. Before I do, I'd appreciate it if you could weigh in with your valued opinion.

There are a lot of brands out there and in some cases there are microseconds that are the difference between them, and I would probably not be able to tell the difference in real world applications. But I'm becoming like a junkie looking for my next fix, last week I bought a Razer Cynosa V2 and I'm already tweaking again. I'm ready to pull the trigger on getting a Gigabyte Aorus NVMe Gen4 M.2 2TB PCI-Express 4.0 retailing at $440.00 with heatsink. Before I do, I'd appreciate it if you could weigh in with your valued opinion.
Too expensive to be honest. For $350 OK buy, for $440 forget it.

Thank-you for saving me from buyers remorse on getting the Gigabyte Aorus..... I was able to get instead the WD BLACK SN850 NVMe M.2 2280 2TB PCI-Express 4.0 x4 for $359.49. A better, faster and cheaper NVMe. I had to order a generic heatsink for about $10.00. It's was hard to find this in stock and have it shipped to in a week. Let me know what you think.

Thank-you for saving me from buyers remorse on getting the Gigabyte Aorus..... I was able to get instead the WD BLACK SN850 NVMe M.2 2280 2TB PCI-Express 4.0 x4 for $359.49. A better, faster and cheaper NVMe. I had to order a generic heatsink for about $10.00. It's was hard to find this in stock and have it shipped to in a week. Let me know what you think.
There is still price difference against PCIe 3.0 drives but price difference is not huge. If price difference is still worth it is another question. Overall, that's not bad deal, no matter how you look at it (y) (Y)

I almost got the PNY XLR8 CS3140 2TB M.2 NVMe Gen4 x4 Internal Solid State, which from what I looked at was the fastest one out there and went for about $50.00 more, and that's if you can find in stock. It's not the best of times for gamers.

Availability is problem yes. I would still consider PCIe 3.0 x4 drives as good alternative, if availability is right.

I agree it's a great alternative, I bought a 4.0 x4 because technology moves so fast, tech peripherals become dated quickly. I have a 1TB firecuda 510 and it's been fast enough for me, hell at one time I thought DDR3 was fast enough. And now DDR5 is coming out soon. I'm betting it's going to hard to get and very expensive.

Back