Nvidia 9600 gt problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

flanders61

i have a dell dimension e520 which currently has a nvidia 7300 le in it i have bought a gigabyte nvidia 9600gt and i have updated the drivers to that card then put it in and the following happens.

the system boots up the screen comes on stay on for about 30 secs showing the computer booting and loading windows vista then after about 30 secs it turns off i am unsure as to why it does... but i think the computer itself continues working but the monitor goes into powersave mode.

this happens in either digital or analog connection.

any help i have the system specs and so on in a txt file from cpuz if you guys want me
to post it i can. i just wanna get my card working so i can play warhammer online and the new games like fear 2 and so on

general system spes are
processor: intel pentium D 2.8ghz dual core
motherboard: dell OWG864
memory: 1X1gb ddr2 from dell and 2X512mb ddr2 from dell

would it be because of the differnt pcie version im not sure if my is 1.0 or 2.0 or does it not matter

tried that no luck with it i spent 6 hours trying to get it working last night i think its dell and there crappy hardware...

Unlike the 7300LE the 9600GT requires a six pin auxiliary power connection. Is that plugged in and is your Dell power supply powerful enough for the new card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back