Nvidia could launch the GTX 1660 Super and GTX 1650 Ti this month

midian182

Staff member
Rumor mill: The low- to mid-range graphics card market might be pretty packed right now, but this month could see it get a lot more crowded. Not only is AMD rumored to be releasing an entry-level product, but Nvidia is also reportedly introducing the GTX 1660 Super and GTX 1650 Ti.

Back in September, we heard rumors that Nvidia would be launching these two mainstream Turing cards. Now, Videocardz reports that its sources at Asus have confirmed the GTX 1660 Super is coming.

According to the site, the GTX 1660 Super will be identical in many ways to the non-Super version, using the same TU116-300 die, 1408 CUDA cores, 80 TMUs, and 48 ROPs. The main difference will be the memory configuration; while the standard GTX 1660 has GDDR5 memory clocked at 8 Gbps, the Super version will come with GDDR6 clocked at 14 Gbps—this matches the rumors we heard last month. The card will still operate over a 192-bit memory bus.

There’s no word on cost, but it’s possible that Nvidia will launch the GTX 1660 Super at either the same price as the standard version or the more expensive Ti variant. And while some say all three cards will remain on the market, it’s likely that the GTX 1660 will be discontinued to make way for the Super—a strategy Nvidia has used in the past.

It’s also rumored that a GTX 1650 Ti will launch on October 22, according to Chinese site Ithome. This card is expected to have more CUDA cores and texture units than the standard GTX 1650 while using the same TU117 GPU, allowing it to perform 10 to 15 percent faster than the original. Price-wise, it’s expected to be at least $30 more than the $150 GTX 1650.

All this is still speculation and rumor, but we’ll find out for certain next month when Nvidia’s new line-up could be competing with AMD’s RX 5300 XT.

Permalink to story.

Im still waiting for RTX 2030 Ti SUPER . . . . .
Whats the point of making the very bottom product branded as SUPER ??

Im still waiting for RTX 2030 Ti SUPER . . . . .
Whats the point of making the very bottom product branded as SUPER ??

To regain the price / performance edge Nvidia had over AMD's.
AMD's, for the first time in a long time, been able to compete in the low and mid-range segment.

So far, with the exception of the 2080 TI Super, it's caused the "Super" cards to come out cheaper MSRP then there "non-Super" version and have considerably more powerful.

Example, the 2070 was a high end 2060, but the 2070 "Super" sometimes hits the performance of the non-super 2080.

Nvidia already told us we're *****s if we dont buy a raytracing card. This goes against that grain

For the average consumer, this huge list of video cards has them stumped. They have absolutely no idea which one to get. Especially when a cheaper card will outperform a more expensive one. The market is flooded. Even a more experienced gamer can have difficulty unless you pour over review after review. Even the "same" card between manufacturers run differently.

I'm the kind of hardware enthusiast that I try to keep an idea which component compares to others. It's so much now that I don't really even bother to go through reviews except maybe for interest in "cutting edge" hardware. I don't pay attention any more until I am building my own rig or for someone else. :/

Back