NVIDIA GeForce 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwolf915

Okay I bought a NVIDIA GeForce 2 off ebay for my gaming computer but it didn't have the installer. So I was wondering if any of you could help me find a program to install it and i can copy it to a floppy disk and insert it into my other computer, boot it up and voila... so any help very appreciated.

do a windows update. The appropriate drivers that are stable will download.
Actually - select custom update.

U can download the latest Forceware drivers from NVIDIA's website. It will download as an exe file but it will definitely not fit on a floppy since it is around 40MB in size. U can try transferring it using a USB flash drive or a CD-RW. I'm sure they won't give u any problems.

The one u posted is the WDM driver. That's not what u need. This is what u need.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.98.html
When u click on the link above, it will open a window where there will be a 2 links one to the US version of the driver and one to the International version. Click the US version link and it will open a window with an agreement and two buttons at the bottom. Click the Accept button and another page will load and there will be a link saying "Click here if your download does not start in several seconds". Click that link to start the download. I assume u wanted the Windows XP drivers right? Coz those are the ones I've posted the link to.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
U can download the latest Forceware drivers from NVIDIA's website. It will download as an exe file but it will definitely not fit on a floppy since it is around 40MB in size. U can try transferring it using a USB flash drive or a CD-RW. I'm sure they won't give u any problems.
the latest video drivers from NVIDIA are not stable. The last stable set is what microsoft has on their update site and that is 81.98

I know, I've tried the newest drivers. 91.xx and above crash - and are also not compatible with some programs like quicktime.

He can download 81.98 on another computer, and copy it on portable media and bring it to the computer he needs it on. You can download 81.98 from the archive files on NVIDIAs site as well.

If you really need the extra few frames per second (for games like Serious Sam, Giants, Max Payne - which are about the most modern that will play well on a GF2) then you might consider visiting www.guru3d.com and getting a few drivers from the upper 20s and low to mid 30s, those were optimized for the GF2 and GF3 series. Current ones are more optimized for the 6000-7000 series. The difference won't be much, but it just might be enough to take a game from barely playable to decent.

The NVIDIA Setup Program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

Jeeze.. I'm going to have to call geek squad or something. Based on this information am I goin to be able to get this installed?

windows could not load the installer for display... you guys are trying so hard to help me but it jsut won't.. grr..

Well clicked ok and it said successfully installed... restart my computer. Not being prompted to install it so I guess it actually worked!! Thank you so much peterdiva!! My 2 month case solved lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back