Nvidia GeForce 6800 Driver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyros

Hello, new to the forum, been reading it a lot, great info!

Anyway... to my problem

I own a Dell Inspiron 5100 (Windows XP Professional) with a nVidia GeForce PCI Express x16 6800. Many of the games I play have told me that the drivers i have are outdated and to goto the Nvidia site to get the latest one.

I have DLed the correct driver using the pull down selections off of Nvidia's site and got the ForceWare Release 169 card (compatible with series 6, 7, 8 GPUs).

I removed my old driver with the device manager, restarted in Safe mode and ran disc cleaner pro to remove all traces of my old driver (also in safe mode).

When I tried to run the instal for the ForceWare driver, it states that I do not have the correct hardware and kicks me out.

I ran SB S&D, Adware (in safe mode) and scanned with Windows Defender and norton,,, and they came up with nothing so Im pretty sure its not a spyware/virus issue...

Im stumped guys... anyone know how i can update my driver?

Leave a post if you need more info you i can help you help me (please be specific, im not very tech savvy)

What about running the latest Nvidia Omega Driver? I have had good luck with the Radeon Omega drivers, they have been rock hard stable on 3 computers I'm running them on.

hey guys thanks for the input...

I alrdy tried the omega drivers, it loads but my computer doesnt recognize its there or something cause my games wont start up and theres no driver display icon in the disk manager.

yea sorry thats what i meant... the display adapters in the device manager (just got the names all mixed up)

i have reverted back using system restore but now I keep getting ntapli.exe, ntfls.exe, errors and then a blue screen occurs stating i h ave a page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

This problems occurs regularly after the computer has been on for an hour or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back