Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 specs leaked, listed online

Jos

TS Evangelist
Nvidia still hasn’t made an official announcement but their next mainstream desktop product, the GF106-based GeForce GTS 450, has already been fully exposed and put up for pre-order by various online retailers. The card will be positioned as the successor to the GeForce GTS 250 in the sub-$160 market featuring 192 Cuda cores, 1GB GDDR5 and a 128-bit memory interface.

Read the whole story
 

Johny47

TS Rookie
VERY late as usual for the 'fermi' cards but it will be good to see the HD5770 1GB getting some good competition, hopefully for Nvidia it won't be too late because of the AMD 6 series cards =/
 

princeton

TS Addict
Johny47 said:
VERY late as usual for the 'fermi' cards but it will be good to see the HD5770 1GB getting some good competition, hopefully for Nvidia it won't be too late because of the AMD 6 series cards =/
It's debatable that the GTX 460 can be considered a competitor to the HD 5770. I know here in Canada the 460 is only around $10CAD more than the 5770. So here the 5770 is complete garbage now that the 460 is out.
 

KG363

TS Guru
princeton said:
Johny47 said:
VERY late as usual for the 'fermi' cards but it will be good to see the HD5770 1GB getting some good competition, hopefully for Nvidia it won't be too late because of the AMD 6 series cards =/
It's debatable that the GTX 460 can be considered a competitor to the HD 5770. I know here in Canada the 460 is only around $10CAD more than the 5770. So here the 5770 is complete garbage now that the 460 is out.
The GTX 460 is $200+ here and the 5770 is 130. In the US they are pretty far apart
 

grvalderrama

TS Addict
128-bits... come on, that can't be the best replacement for the mighty GTS250!! I'm probably buying an Evga GTX460 1GB 256-bits, which here, in Argentina, can be found for the price of U$S375... Kinda expensive compared with newegg... but not bad =S
 

princeton

TS Addict
kg363 said:
princeton said:
Johny47 said:
VERY late as usual for the 'fermi' cards but it will be good to see the HD5770 1GB getting some good competition, hopefully for Nvidia it won't be too late because of the AMD 6 series cards =/
It's debatable that the GTX 460 can be considered a competitor to the HD 5770. I know here in Canada the 460 is only around $10CAD more than the 5770. So here the 5770 is complete garbage now that the 460 is out.
The GTX 460 is $200+ here and the 5770 is 130. In the US they are pretty far apart
130!!!!? You lucky bastards. You get the cheap 5770 and the $200 i7-930s from microcenter!
 

dividebyzero

trainee n00b
Seems like GTX460 Redux...
Stock frequencies effectively underclocked to meet a friendly TDP, while simultaneously garnering a reputation as an overclockers dream if EVGA's base oc model is any indication (882 core/ 1764 shader/ 3800 memory, as opposed to 783/1566/3600 ).