NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

katti36

I downloaded the new driver from the NVIDIA website everything seems to be going ok except for the little problem of some text in IE is broken up (like it's running out of ink) anyone have any idea what could be the problem??
Thanks
Suzanne

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Personally, I recommend you use an earlier version of the drivers.

Download the 61.77 drivers from HERE.

Then, uninstall the current drivers and install the 61.77 drivers.

See if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

If you scroll down the list of supported/unsupported cards, I believe the GF2 line is not supported by the new drivers. At least the 91.47s I know don't support the GF2.

One time, when I benchmarked different nVidia drivers on my GF2, the 20 series was the best performing..

I'd think anything from 40 and up is not that good for GF2 anymore.

Thank you all for your help. I did the uninstall the installed the other driver and that seemed to take care of the problem.Now if only I could get one of you here to redo my computer.............LOL
Thanks again

I pretty much stay with the card series for drivers, a 6800 gets 6xxx, a gf4ti gets 4109 (my fav) and a gf2 gets like 2811 or so. This I no longer follow for later cards since they are like into the 90s.

Need Driver for gforce2 mx/mx400

I've had the proper driver before forgot where I DL'd from. I recently changed out my HD, and tried installing from NVIDIA but it doesnt work. Ive tried all the steps. I've also tried the eariler version that Howard recomended. Still nothing.

Please need a link for the proper driver.

-Ryan

Here is a good starting place.

I think I always had good luck with the 27.70s

I, like Nodsu said just over a year ago, benchmarked about 10 different detonators with a GF2MX card and its been a long time ago but I think the official 23.11s and the 27.70s were among the best ever for that card on my system.

Ok. This is what it has under General Tab where it says Device Status;

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

Does this have anything at all to do with me having trouble?

also .rar file what do you do with it?

ok. figured it out, but nothing still. frustrated. Please Help.

Dont care about graphics of tweaks, just want to use the RCA out...

Also, isn't this card on a AGP Slot? Why under the properties does it say;

This SUCKS HELP !
TY
-Ryan

You posted 3 times in a row when you could have edited your posts since nobody had replied yet.

I don't know the answer to your code 10. Apparently nobody else that saw this thread did either. I bet you could google it and figure out what it means though. Maybe the card is bad, it could happen, that card is about 8 years old.

As far as whether its AGP or PCI, I'm not sure, I bet its AGP. Easy way to tell is to take the side of the case off and look. I'm not sure why you haven't done that, that is something you can do way easier than hoping someone on the internet knows specifically. Maybe they only made them in AGP, maybe they made both, I'm not sure, but you can check and answer your question for yourself in about 30 seconds.

Those drivers are correct for the card, I think there are even instructions where you downloaded it from. But in any case at the very least you should uninstall it from device manager and check the control panel for any of it, then reboot and install the new drivers. If you really want to be complete you can download Detonator Destroyer which is also found on that guru3d site.

You posted 3 times in a row when you could have edited your posts since nobody had replied yet.

Again sorry.

As far as whether its AGP or PCI, I'm not sure, I bet its AGP

It is AGP. That was what I said, maybe didn't make it clear. Sorry. But why its reading as PCI I don't know.

I think there are even instructions where you downloaded it from.

I've done that.

If you really want to be complete you can download Detonator Destroyer which is also found on that guru3d site.

I'll try this. Thank you for al your help.

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back