Nvidia is giving away Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War with RTX 3080/3090 cards

midian182

Staff member
In brief: Getting hold of an RTX 3080 or RTX 3090 is proving to be an almost impossible task, but those who can find one from an official retailer now have an extra incentive to purchase: Nvidia is running a giveaway in which buyers can grab the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War for free.

Following the reveal of its RTX 30-series back in September, Nvidia launched a promotion in which buyers of the cards could receive a copy of Watch Dogs Legion and a year’s free subscription to GeForce Now. That ended last week and has been replaced with the COD: Black Ops Cold War promo—no mention of any free GeForce Now subscriptions this time, though

Like Watch Dogs Legion, Black Ops Cold War, which arrives on November 13, is a graphically demanding game that supports RTX features such as ray tracing and DLSS. Treyarch recently revealed that the RTX 3070 is the recommended card for those wishing to use ray tracing, while running in 4K at a high FPS count with all RTX features enabled will require an RTX 3080.

Sadly, the Nvidia promotion only covers the RTX 3080 and RTX 3090, not the newly released RTX 3070 or any RTX 20-series products. It also includes select desktop PCs that include the two top Ampere cards.

The promo is running now until December 10, though the redemption period lasts until January 11. If you do want a free copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, make sure to buy an eligible product from retailers participating in the giveaway—it’s the only way Nvidia will hand over a redemption code. Check out the full terms & conditions and FAQs.

Permalink to story.

Recommended System: 12GB

What?! lol Who has 12GB besides someone with a mismatch of modules in their PC?
I know game requirements are often weird, but this one still bugs me as being a thing this close to 2021.

I know game requirements are often weird, but this one still bugs me as being a thing this close to 2021.
It's actually a good thing if you multi-task. It means you still have headroom for other things like a few browser tabs, music, video, etc. Rather than being pegged to the max and having nothing left over if it were 8 or 16.

It's actually a good thing if you multi-task. It means you still have headroom for other things like a few browser tabs, music, video, etc. Rather than being pegged to the max and having nothing left over if it were 8 or 16.
You're not picking up what I'm putting down.

They probably meant video card memory...

Between now and Dec 10? I wonder what volume was promised to Activision? Or maybe Nvidia just bought the 150 copies at retail...

Check the nowinstock tracker for the 3080, only one or two models are getting restocked at a singular store every other day. Nvidia launched way too early, it doesn't look like there will be good stock until 2021 unless AMD take a large portion of their sales.

So Activision is doing a promo for a product that cant be found and which nvidia themselves have said wont be found til 2021. Hmmm I smell lawsuit. They need to include the 20 series but those have been officially discontinued by nvidia. Some online stores may have stock. brick n motar stores dont.
Only way I see the majority of ppl getting 20 or 30 series will be pre built systems.

Not including the 3070 is a diccc move.
AMD Radeon cards quite often come with a couple of AAA games.

Back