nvidia nforce 4 ultra driver - which one is it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

detrunks

Please help!!
I have an Asus A8N-E with AMD 64 3200+ (939)
The mobo has the nVidia nForce 4 Ultra chipset and I want to update the driver. I don't know which driver it is from the nVidia website - they have 4 nforce 4 drivers!!

You would choose: platform/nForce drivers/nForce4 AMD/ then your OS (WinXP?) then it would be version 6.70 You don't want 430/410 or X16 and obviously not Intel. I have the MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI mobo with the AMD 64 3500+ and that's what I use 6.70.

cheers,

Since your CPU is an AMD, you want:

platform/nforce drivers
nforce4 amd
windows XP (assuming that is your os)

Good luck!

EDIT* kirock fast. Me slow.

thx to both of you - the OS is X64 so I'll be choosing that (it was th e1st bit that was confusing me!)

Actually, I have the same motherboard, and the nforce 4 AMD drivers caused some problems with the controller. I finally changed to the nforce4 professional drivers and they have worked great so far. Like the others, I thought the AMD version would have been the right one. Check your device manager, you should see 2 NVidia Nforce Serial ATA drivers and one Parallel driver under . If you have any Microsoft drivers there under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, then you've got the wrong drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back