Nvidia publishes Vault 1080, its first-ever PC mod (for Fallout 4)

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Graphics maven Nvidia has published its first-ever gaming mod for one of the best games around, Fallout 4.

Vault 1080 was created by LightSpeed Studios, Nvidia’s team that remasters and remakes classic PC games for Android. The official mod, equal in size to other vaults in the commonwealth, adds about an hour of gameplay thanks to a brand new questline.

The story begins in hostile marshland as you head to a fog-shrouded church. Once inside, you’ll find the entrance to Vault 1080 which is said to be filled with “twisted dangers” and occupants (the church’s former congregation) that have embraced the darkness and sickness. Needless to say, they aren’t exactly the friendliest bunch of folks you’ll come across.

The mod, as much of a technical demo as it is DLC, leans heavily on Nvidia’s HBAO+ (Horizontal Based Ambient Occlusion) technology which adds richer, more detailed and more realistic shadows around objects that occlude rays of light.

In case you missed it, Bethesda published its fourth Fallout 4 DLC, Nuka-World, just yesterday which is set in an amusement park.

Bethesda has been bringing home the bacon since launching Fallout 4 last November. In February, it won the Game of the Year award at the annual DICE awards before earning the same accolade in April at the BAFTA awards.

Vault 1080 is available to download free of charge.

Permalink to story.

Bethesda has been bringing home the bacon since launching Fallout 4 last November. In February, it won the Game of the Year award at the annual DICE awards before earning the same accolade in April at the BAFTA awards.To me they deserve it as this is my fave go to game when ever I feel bored and I just love going and stirring up super mutants my fave game characters but it really is an awesome game.

Recently started playing FO4 again. My main complaint about FO4 was that it felt "empty" sometimes because I killed everything. Well, about a week ago I download a mod titled "more spawns" and it has added new life into the commonwealth! Now the wasteland is as terrifying and hilarious as New Vegas.

SAVE OFTEN!!!! you've been warned.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11621/?

Recently started playing FO4 again. My main complaint about FO4 was that it felt "empty" sometimes because I killed everything. Well, about a week ago I download a mod titled "more spawns" and it has added new life into the commonwealth! Now the wasteland is as terrifying and hilarious as New Vegas.

SAVE OFTEN!!!! you've been warned.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11621/?
Out of curiosity what difficulty are you playing on?

Unless you were playing on very hard or survival I would try those first. Adding more encounters when you're dealing half damage and enemies are dealing double might end up in a lot of deaths.

Out of curiosity what difficulty are you playing on?

Unless you were playing on very hard or survival I would try those first. Adding more encounters when you're dealing half damage and enemies are dealing double might end up in a lot of deaths.
I was previous playing on very hard, but after the mod I have to play on easy. The game is now absolute chaos. And don't get the wrong idea, when you're fighting 3 Alpha glowing deathclaws along side 10 gunners, 3 sentry bots and an assultron, you ARE going to take significant amounts of damage. On the upside, you get to watch the enemies fight each other constantly. Changing difficulty doesn't solve the "empty wasteland" problem. Standard spawns are for every 6 hours of gameplay, I have them changed to every 1 hour and have 10 times the amount of spawns. On top of that, the spawns are higher levels

I had a level 62 character but have decided to make a new one just for the challenge, this will be my 5th play through. Survival mode didn't do too much for me. I liked most of the game mechanics, but only being able to save at a bed got REAL annoying after awhile. One top of that the spawn times doubled from 6 hours to 12 hours in survival mode. Sometimes I just want to run around the waste land, kill **** and wreck havoc.

I was previous playing on very hard, but after the mod I have to play on easy. The game is now absolute chaos. And don't get the wrong idea, when you're fighting 3 Alpha glowing deathclaws along side 10 gunners, 3 sentry bots and an assultron, you ARE going to take significant amounts of damage. On the upside, you get to watch the enemies fight each other constantly. Changing difficulty doesn't solve the "empty wasteland" problem. Standard spawns are for every 6 hours of gameplay, I have them changed to every 1 hour and have 10 times the amount of spawns. On top of that, the spawns are higher levels

I had a level 62 character but have decided to make a new one just for the challenge, this will be my 5th play through. Survival mode didn't do too much for me. I liked most of the game mechanics, but only being able to save at a bed got REAL annoying after awhile. One top of that the spawn times doubled from 6 hours to 12 hours in survival mode. Sometimes I just want to run around the waste land, kill **** and wreck havoc.
I could see that happening at higher levels. I thought the encounters were fine for my play through and the difficulty raised to Very Hard was plenty to make it challenging. I figure my build was less optimized than yours since I wasn't able to take down groups without using tactics.

Back