Nvidia reveals 7-inch, $199 Tegra 4-powered Note for OEM partners

Shawn Knight

TechSpot Staff
Staff member
Nvidia has officially taken the wraps off the Tegra Note, an Android-powered tablet that hopes to shake things up in the already overpopulated market. Nvidia won’t be selling the slate directly but will instead rely on partners like EVGA, PNY...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/54045-nvidia-reveals-7-inch-199-tegra-4-powered-note-for-oem-partners.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

G

Wish the screen resolution was more in line with the new Nexus, but Nvidia makes great products. If the audio is as good as they claim, this will be a nice tablet. Plus, it looks just like my HTC ONE!

Camikazi

TS Evangelist
Wow now those are some bad specs.
For a $200 tablet those are not bad specs at all, they are rather good, I just wish the resolution was a bit higher. Other than that it might compete with the new Nexus 7 pretty well. The specs are either the same or better than Nexus 7 (aside from the resolution) and it is a bit cheaper and since the 7 is considered the best 7 inch laptop out now I don't see how this has bad specs unless you were expecting 2.5ghz quad core with 64gb of space for $200, in which case you are dreaming.

Jad Chaar

Elite Techno Geek
For a $200 tablet those are not bad specs at all, they are rather good, I just wish the resolution was a bit higher. Other than that it might compete with the new Nexus 7 pretty well. The specs are either the same or better than Nexus 7 (aside from the resolution) and it is a bit cheaper and since the 7 is considered the best 7 inch laptop out now I don't see how this has bad specs unless you were expecting 2.5ghz quad core with 64gb of space for $200, in which case you are dreaming.
Not with the Nexus 7 around. The Snapdragon 800 outperforms the Tegra 4 if I am not mistaken. Plus, the Nexus 7 has a 1920x1200 resolution.