Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition photos appear online

midian182

Staff member
Highly anticipated: Have there ever been so many photos and leaks of an unconfirmed product as the RTX 3060 Ti? Nvidia has remained quiet about what could be the next Ampere product, thought to arrive on December 2, but information keeps arriving thick and fast. The latest pieces of the puzzle are purported images of the card’s Founders Edition, which looks a lot like the RTX 3070 FE.

The images, courtesy of Videocardz, show the RTX 3060 Ti Founders edition has a near-identical cooler design to the RTX 3070 FE, with dual-axial fans and finned radiator. There’s also the same single 12-pin PCIe power connector in the middle of the card, Thankfully, it will come with a 12-pin to two 8-pin adaptor.

The publication does note that one minor difference is the color: the upcoming card is slightly more silver than the RTX 3070 FE.

It was only last week when we saw what’s claimed to be leaked presentation slides from Nvidia showing the RTX 3060 Ti outperforming the RTX 2080 Super and absolutely crushing its previous-gen equivalent, the RTX 2060 Super.

The RTX 3060 Ti is expected to feature the same GA104 GPU found in the $499 RTX 3070. It will have fewer CUDA cores (4,864), Tensor cores (152), and RT cores (38), but uses the same 8GB of GDDR6 memory clocked at 14 Gbps, 256-bit memory bus, and 448 GB/s maxmium bandwidth. The FE is said to come with a 1,410 MHz base clock and a 1,665 MHz boost clock, while costing around $399.

Videocardz also notes that a few alleged custom designs of the RTX 3060 Ti have appeared online, including some from Inno3D and Gigabyte.

With that supposed December 2 launch date just one week away, one would expect Nvidia to make some announcement, or at least drop a hint about its arrival, in the next few days.

Permalink to story.

It’s been a quite depressing year for gamers. Plenty of new hardware being released but because there are actual organizations on the Internet buying all of these things up in order to sell them for twice the price - they are almost impossible to get.

It should be interesting going to Microcenter to line up for one of these before they get snapped up by scalpers.

I managed to get the other 3 so I think I can pull the 3060Ti.

If AMD fanboys can wait years for a true flagship GPU, I can wait a few months for a 3060Ti.
my only upset is that at $400, I don't see a 3060ti as enough of an upgrade to justify upgrading from my 1070ti. At $50 less than what I paid for my 1070ti and with the same amount of ram, I don't think the card will be able to push the 4k TV I game on with ray tracing.

I'm seriously considering buying an AMD card because my primary OS is Linux, but at this point I'll just be happy for an upgrade.

There’s also the same single 12-pin PCIe power connector in the middle of the card, Thankfully, it will come with a 12-pin to two 8-pin adaptor.
I don't know if I'd be saying "Thankfully" in this case because that 12-pin connector is completely frivolous on a below the RTX 3080 and it looks like hell. I believe that the "Thankfully" adjective should be reserved for nVidia cards that just use normal PCI-Express power connectors like everyone else (including their own AIB partners).

This 12-pin connector is absurd. Sure, I can see why it was used on the 3080 and 3090 because those PCBs were just chock-full of stuff and they had massive appetites for 12VDC so this was needed to save space on the PCB. However, putting on something like the 3070 or 3060 Ti is just stupid because they don't have as much stuff as the 3080 and 3090 (like VRAM for instance).

It’s been a quite depressing year for gamers. Plenty of new hardware being released but because there are actual organizations on the Internet buying all of these things up in order to sell them for twice the price - they are almost impossible to get.

It should be interesting going to Microcenter to line up for one of these before they get snapped up by scalpers.

I managed to get the other 3 so I think I can pull the 3060Ti.

So why did you get 3, if you're not scalping as well?

Back