Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti Founders Edition now $400 under MSRP as it drops to $1,599

midian182

Staff member
Why it matters: If ever there was a sign that graphics card prices are returning to normal, here it is: the flagship of Nvidia's Ampere line, the RTX 3090 Ti, is available for $1,599, which is $400 less than its $1,999 MSRP.

The top-of-the-line Ampere consumer card is currently available for $400 off the MSRP at Best Buy. This is an official Founders Edition model of the AD102 GPU-based card, the same one that's going for $1,999 on Nvidia's official website.

Given that Nvidia is still selling the card for its original price, Best Buy's deal could only be temporary. But it's another example of graphics card prices finally improving. It could also be a further indication of Nvidia trying to clear out stock before its next-gen RTX 4000 (Ada Lovelace) cards arrive. The company is already rumored to be discontinuing the RTX 3080 12GB model to shift the excess stock of RTX 3080 10GB cards; both items have reached price parity, resulting in more people opting for the 12GB variant over the 10GB card.

Nvidia and partners might be repeating this plan with the RTX 3090 Ti. We noted in our review that the card offers little extra over the standard RTX 3090 for that $500 premium, so there could be a lot of unsold stock. Dropping the price to the same as, or in some cases, less than, the non-Ti version will doubtlessly help shift more RTX 3090 Ti cards.

RTX 3090 third-party cards that cost more than the RTX 3090 Ti Founders Edition

It's not just efforts to clear stock that is lowering prices. The crypto winter is killing mining profitability, leading to less overall demand. There's also the incoming RTX 4000 series, though it might arrive later than expected, and economic fears that are making people think twice before splashing out on big purchases.

h/t: VideoCardz

Permalink to story.

Well, the issue was never the pricing of the elite one-percenter cards.

The vast majority of consumers out there, could certainly care less whether the 3090TI costs 2499, 1999 or 1499 b/c they will never, ever pay this amount of money for a GPU.

On the other hand, the 1% who would purchase such a card have got so much money already that a $500 discount does not matter.

So rly, this whole affair is like trying to dig holes into the sea.

I'm still waling for the rush on 3060 (18 months)s and 3050s (6 months) to be satisfied.

at this rate, I might be waiting for 4000 series before we finally see these on clearance

May the Crypto Winter last for eternity! :laughing:
The bias Crypto currency holders are predicting 250k per bitcoin by next year. The Bears are predicting 14 to 15 k per bitcoin.
This week I have seen an Article stating that Ch!na that they are massively underselling gpus under MSRP by close to the other article from last week stating what the true prices of gpus should be. While I do love the gpu prices from crashing further as a sceptic that notices certain patterns coming from that hemisphere a few months later the opposite happens. Let's observe.

Update the 3090ti hybrid 360 rad ftw3 is selling for $1499 it's literally a freefall in gpu pricing finally!

Last edited:
The bias Crypto currency holders are predicting 250k per bitcoin by next year. The Bears are predicting 14 to 15 k per bitcoin.
Well, all I have to say is that I bet you could find some owners of geese that claim their geese will lay golden eggs and some others who don't own geese that say the geese will never lay eggs.

We've heard the outrageously high prices that crypto enthusiasts have claimed bitcoin will hit, and if I am not mistaken, those claims never came to fruition. As of my writing this post, BC is under $20K - much more near the bear's predictions. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/
This week I have seen an Article stating that Ch!na that they are massively underselling gpus under MSRP by close to the other article from last week stating what the true prices of gpus should be. While I do love the gpu prices from crashing further as a sceptic that notices certain patterns coming from that hemisphere a few months later the opposite happens. Let's observe.
Observation is a good thing, however, past trends are not necessarily indicators of future ones.

If you want to know the real reason for my wishes it is that I am planning on a new build or two later this year, and I would prefer that GPU prices remain at these levels or lower - in other words, the reason was entirely self-interest.

Since I am waiting to build, I will be observing.
Update the 3090ti hybrid 360 rad ftw3 is selling for $1499 it's literally a freefall in gpu pricing finally!
I agree. You and I are not the only ones who scoffed at insane GPU prices.

Back