Nvidia Shield sales off to a great start, CEO says

Shawn Knight

Staff member
It’s still too early to know for sure if Nvidia’s Shield portable gaming console will sink or swim but according to CEO Jen-Hsun Huang, it’s off to a great start. The outspoken chief admitted as much during a recent conference...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/53588-nvidia-shield-sales-off-to-a-great-start-ceo-says.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

G

Price point is still too high IMO, if I can connect a blue-tooth controller to my quad core cell phone, then plug a TV into my HDMI output, I'm still able to access thousands of games via Google Play on a large screen. They're pushing these sales so hard I saw an NVidia salesman at Microcenter (Although I do agree with the concept of educating curious passer-by's).

Littleczr

Price point is still too high IMO, if I can connect a blue-tooth controller to my quad core cell phone, then plug a TV into my HDMI output, I'm still able to access thousands of games via Google Play on a large screen. They're pushing these sales so hard I saw an NVidia salesman at Microcenter (Although I do agree with the concept of educating curious passer-by's).
It's too complicated that way. The average Joe want's plug and play. Just look at the iphone, how many phones do you still see out there with a querty keyboard?. The I phone is just easy. Not saying nvidia shield is perfect put it's not bad.

Skidmarksdeluxe

That's Huang speak for managing to sell the 50 units they've shipped so far. At the price they want I wouldn't be too confident about the next 50.

G

The fact that Nvidia did not go ALL IN on this product shows just how much confidence they have in it. This is not some small start-up company wanting to get into the gaming industry. If they really believed in it, you would see commercials,billboards, and other adverts all over the place. It would be a household name before it was even released.

This is nothing more than them "testing the waters" .