NY Times ad highlights everything the OnePlus 7 Pro won't have

Shawn Knight

Staff member
The big picture: One thing is for certain – taking out a full-page ad in The Times isn’t cheap. According to the publication’s rate card, a full page, nationwide ad run during a weekday goes for $179,029 (plus another $75,029 for international distribution). As best we can tell, OnePlus bought four full pages.

OnePlus recently took out a massive ad in The New York Times to promote its upcoming OnePlus 7 Pro. Rather than tease features the phone will have, OnePlus is boasting about what its handset won't include.

No bells & whistles. No bezel. No notch. No app lag. No bloatware. No $2,000 price tag. No random music.

With the admissions, OnePlus is essentially taking aim at virtually every major handset manufacturer including both Apple and Samsung. I’m a bit surprised they didn’t call out Samsung on its durability issues with the Galaxy Fold.

OnePlus in its Times ad also promoted the fact that it topped the charts in PC Mag’s Readers’ Choice survey for overall satisfaction. There is also a blueprint revealing the design of the OnePlus 7 Pro which shows what appears to be a pop-up selfie camera. I guess OnePlus doesn’t file this under the “bells & whistles” category?

OnePlus is set to unveil its new smartphones on May 14.

Permalink to story.

While I like Samsung and use their products, their phones are overpriced.
Don't give me that crap about how amazing it is, [the S10] its not worth $1000 and neither is Apple's flagship, but popularity sells.
I've never owned a 1+ phone and don't know anyone who does but I like their 7.

Anyone who buys a new Android phone is most likely going to Samsung.

But with Samsung's epic failure (The Galaxy Fold), the fall-bakck will be to the Galaxy 10, 9 or Note.

While I like Samsung and use their products, their phones are overpriced.
Don't give me that crap about how amazing it is, [the S10] its not worth $1000 and neither is Apple's flagship, but popularity sells.
I've never owned a 1+ phone and don't know anyone who does but I like their 7.

I'm still rocking the OnePlus 2 after many years. It's only just starting to slow down a bit now, which is pretty good considering it was about £250 when I bought it in 2015.

Back