1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

NZXT wants to custom-build your next gaming PC

By Shawn Knight
Jun 6, 2017
Post New Reply
  1. Building your own gaming PC is the preferred route for many serious gamers but as I’ve stated previously, not everyone is a hardware enthusiast. With no shortage of boutique builders and traditional manufacturers ready to sell you a pre-configured gaming PC, narrowing down the ideal machine for a particular budget and desired performance range can be a time-consuming (and confusing) process.

PC case and accessory maker NZXT wants to help.

Founded by Johnny Hou in 2004, NZXT gained recognition with its very first case – the NZXT Guardian – which helped spark the “crafted” computer chassis era. After expanding to include power supplies, cooling products and other accessories, the Los Angeles-based company is now ready to try its luck at custom PC building.

Using the BLD online configuration tool, gamers first select some of their favorite games from a list that includes titles like Battlefield 1, Fallout 4, Diablo III and Grand Theft Auto V. Next, select your budget – $1,500, $2,000 or $2,500 – then sit back as BLD works its magic based on more than 10 million hours of analyzed gaming data and spits out a configuration within your price range that’s guaranteed to hit target framerates for the game(s) you selected.

If you’re after a specific component, you can tweak BLD’s configuration to accommodate requirements you may have (a GTX 1080 versus a 1060, for example). Systems are custom-built within two business days and then shipped out. Each carries a two-year warranty and if a configured system fails to come within 10 percent of a guaranteed framerate, you’re entitled to a full (free) refund.

Permalink to story.

2. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 5,393   +3,780

In it's early days Dell Computer used to do a similar thing. Not exactly the same, but the buyer had a great deal of flexibility in "building" their systems. It will certainly be nice to see somebody else step up that wants to give back a certain amount of that control to the customer .....

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 8,647   +3,286

"NZXT wants to custom-build your next gaming PC".
    Thanks for your generous offer NZXT but I'm quite capable of doing that little job myself... and save myself a ton of money in the process.

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...