Oblivion Mods won't work! :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what i seem to try i cannot get any oblivion mods to work. when i open the launcher, it recognized the esm files in my "data" folder and will allow me to check/uncheck them, however if i try to click "play" it will always tell me it "could not find the executable"

any suggestions? i've reinstalled it before. btw i have it install in D:\newgames\oblivion does the path make any difference? im not sure why it would considering the "oblivion luancher" finds the mods i've moved to that data folder. i've tried clearing the Reg files manually before i re-install but that doesnt seem to work. if i try a program to uninstall and delete reg files is there a good one? CCleaner seems too complex for me to get it to work and i dont want it to delete things i still would want. i have a dozen of the greatest mods and i'd really like to play oblivion with them but cannot get past the launcher dillema please help if you have any suggestions or ways around this launcher

Have you tried Oblivion Mod Manager?

Also, try and get ACV v1.1.0 ( I'll send in a email if you want ) to make your mods create a authentication.txt file so Oblivion can find all the stuff faster and will probably fix the problem aswell

"TimeParadoX" <--- sure that would be fine. Was ACT v1.1.0 created for the purpose of mod authentication? The underlying problem is that the launcher, (with or without mods) cannot find the Oblivion.esm or "executable". Could ACV solve this? ... i hope so. this badass laptop is itching for some wholesome elderscrolls goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back