Oc'ing with a refrigerator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quantex_rox

I was looking on newegg for some good deals on fans and such to cool down my old hot pentium 3, when i spotted something that looks about right, a minifridge! I pulled the refrigeration unit out of it. It runs on an old 12v dc powersupply with a 4 pin connector (not the same as peripheral). It works by running liquid freon through a series of spiraling pipes, and blows air from the outside through it, and out the other side, simple enough, ehh? Well, i need new liquid freon, which the old stuff needs to be recharged. Also, im going to need about a 750-1kw psu, for this unit used a 400w psu, and to keep the 3 hd's, 1 cd, 4 pci cards and 12.5"x10" motherboard running. But, where to put it? I was thinking of the side of the case, but that might be sort of an eye sore, so im thinking of using it in the 3 empty 5-1/4 bays, and create a mold to fit around it and the 3 5-1/4 bays with the high school's mold maker.

Just an idea now.

I remeber reading a article on one of the popular computer sites when they overclocked a P4 up to 4 ghz. They did it by filling a vat like container with some grease that dosen't conduct electricity.

I bet you can get your p3 up to about 10-20% increase.

i believe they are. I am going to get a new core 2 system in about a week, so im just going to do a little experiment with this old slot 1 p3, see how high i can make it run before it blows out of the slot! (fire extinguisher in hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back