Office 2007 install issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

eightwpm

please help. I am running xp home sp3. I am trying to install office 2007 service desk edition. I have a legal copy with coa & key. I believe it will be the second install from this disk. I enter key code start to install, get half way through and receive message cannot locate HomestuntrWW. file. box pops up with file location options. I click on cd-rom location, go to office 2007, open. I then click on the said file, then get message ''invalid location. cannot complete install. Then i have tried to copy file directly to hard drive creating a new folder in my docs. no luck what am I missing. A point in the right direction please.

trying to install office 2007 service desk edition...
cannot locate HomestuntrWW.
Do you mean: HomeStudentrWW ?
If not, then you have Malware installed, see HERE for help

If you just made a spelling mistake in your post (?), try this:
1. Check Add/Remove programs for any Office install present, and uninstall it
2. Read HERE, on manually removing Office 2007

Please Note: The Service Desk Edition is a retail product intended for use by locations such as retailers to use to support the sales and service of the Office 2007
If you are a "retailer" selling Office 2007, please re-image the computer clean, as customers would not like to see faults ;)
Edit: Actually install Windows 7 first, as XP will not look good in your shop anyway (when trying to advertise Office 2007)

thank you kimsland for your reply. heres the deal, my daughter bought a laptop. I am thinking she had to buy office 07 for school,and this is what bestbuy installed on her machine. So now I need it for school and it aint happening. aprreciate your help.

this is what bestbuy installed on her machine.

The Service Desk Edition is: "Non-Commercial Use"
This is also stated on the Title bar (of a working) Office system

You need to go back to Bestbuy and see if you can get Office 2007 installed freely, seeming they have illegally (maybe too harsh) left it on your system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back