Oh oh ...RTX 3080 users say they are crashing out to desktop, black screens...

Problem fixed and gone. Nvidia driver fixed it.
Yes, thanks for pointing this out. I forgot to update this thread that the new Nvidia driver slightly underclocks the card and the crashes cease and that the capacitor issue is not really an issue at all (as first thought).

Am running a RTX 3090 myself and it arrived the same day the new driver came out and has run like a dream card since I installed it. Pure performance bliss. No instability that I didn't cause myself by experimenting with clocks.

Am running all stock now, undervolting was a neat experiment and overclocking was neat too, but neither is really a huge effect, so I just run it stock now. And it is insane at stock.

Reporting back to this thread on the 1 month of ownership stability report. So far, smooth as butter, rock solid. The only crash I have experienced was my own fault and directly attributable to me being stupid. Otherwise, every game and benchmark I've thrown at it runs perfectly. I can attest that at least RTX 3090 has no stability issues what so ever that I have encountered yet.

Back