Ok so Ryzen2 safe voltages

I got an official response from AMD as to what the max safe voltage is for Ryzen2. this thread of Reddit created by pm_me_thermalpaste was making wildly inaccurate claims as to his own findings, and stating that his findings pertain to every ryzen2 cpu available. I am not one to let misinformation go, especially since I've worked extensively with ryzen cpus for over 1 1/2 years. so I reached out to AMD myself. and got an official response. I posted the response and I was banned for it "being photoshopped". because apparently peoplepdont know youycan changecyour font settings in gmail. I have emprical proof and an official statement from amd that proves quite the opposite of what he stated... here is my question and the response from AMD. anyone wants the email I received from AMD, I am happy to provide the original copy.

"Original Text
To: tech.support@amd.com;tech.support2@amd.com
CC:
Sent:
04.02.19 19:51:11
Subject: safe oc voltages

I think there's enough speculation going around about what is the safe voltage for long term use on 2nd gen ryzen. Can I please get an answer straight from AMD as to what the maximum safe overclocking voltage would be?"

"Dear Sauers,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200859917]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for your email.

AMD never recommends on Overclocking as it avoids the warranty on the product.

Some CPU can be overclocked to improve system performance, but any attempt to overclock them is at the user’s own risk. AMD products are designed and tested to ensure stability at their stock clock and factory settings. Operating AMD products outside of these specifications can have a negative effect on system stability, and it can even cause permanent damage to your system components. AMD components which have been damaged due to overclocking may not be eligible for warranty. The max safe voltage 1.5 V

Thanks for contacting AMD.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

Tarun

AMD Global Customer Care

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

This email is a direct result of your contact with AMD Global Customer Care and not part of a campaign. There is no need to unsubscribe to this email as you will only be contacted again if you directly request another service from AMD Global Customer Care.

The contents of this message are provided for informational purposes only. AMD makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy of the contents of the information provided, and reserves the right to change such information at any time, with or without notice.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________"

so, there's the official response. why is it hard for people to believe facts nowadays?

Last edited by a moderator:
And no, I have no reason to lie about this. I love amd products. and I do not like people claiming things that are not true. my whole point was if the guy stated these are his unique findings, wouldn't be a problem. instead he was claiming his findings to be set in stone, totally overriding what even amd has to say about their own chips. I just wanted a correction. and I found the official answer. maybe Steve can do a report or confirm my findings I made with amd as well?

I don't think amd will be stupid enough to respond to your question again let alone back trace it here.
They already told you what to do, if you decide to do things your way and break it.
Chuck over another 159+ dollars for a new cpu and possibly a mobo if you damage it via through bios settings.
You are better off learning how to safely over clock it and leave well enough alone.
https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/...-guidelines-how-to-kill-cpu-with-safe-voltage

Go by here and take your email to them, see what they say about it, then follow their guides and do it.
https://www.overclockers.com/forums/

My whole point was this guy was stating he did his own tests (on 2700x) and found degradation in safe voltage ranges. on that note he also said his findings were the gold standard. it was not. I'm not saying I'd ever oc to 1.5v (yes, that IS stupid) but amd responded with what they did. also, a person can't just benchmark on one computer and state that that's all that's needed. every chip and every motherboard will oc differently depending on their parts. as I said my whole point is you can't do one test, on one computer, with one cpu and set it in stone. AMD directly refuted that. what my entire point was is that you have to have cohesive tests in order to find a baseline. not just state oh, I did 24 hours of research and here's the final results you'll ever need.

And, they already responded... why would I ask again? I just don't understand some people getting butt hurt because others disagree with them. I've had numerous ryzen builds and they all oc'd differently depending on the cpu and motherboard capability. I was being nice about it and just stating that in his own test, someone else is bound to get different results than him. I have already. my 2600x is at 1.41v and has been for months without degradation. lol

Last edited:
He stated anything over 1.385v will destroy the cpu, and that's just not true.

also, why would I waste my time "photoshopping" an email from AMD? that's just... ugh...

Back