Older Video Card Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXCellR8

I've finally had enough of my slow-as-molasses shop computer and I'm looking at rebuilding it with some slightly newer parts. I found and bought another NF7-S 2.0 motherboard (why did I ever sell mine off?) and some RAM but I need a AGP 8x video card, nothing special. I was thinking something along the performance lines of a 6800GT, but I think I want an older Radeon card this time; I'm not sure what to get. What is a decent ATI equivalent? Preferably 256MB RAM... thanks in advance!

sorry i should have specified that i'd like to stay in the $50-60 range if possible haha. i don't need the fastest AGP card for this machine, it's just my shop computer i use for general stuff. the current card is an ancient GeForce 2 MX so anything will be better lol. i just don't know much about the older ATI cards so maybe i will just get another 6800GT... or 6600GT if i need to.

Thanks for the suggestions, I ended up just buying a used VisionTek X1950 Pro for $40, which I think is a good choice for this system. I had an XFX GeForce 7950GT card awhile back and I liked it a lot; the X19xx is pretty close in comparison from the looks of it. It's actually a lot more power than I need but what can I say I like headroom. Hopefully it doesn't bottleneck too much but I won't be gaming on the computer anyways, since it's only an Athlon XP 2400 :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back