OmniPage 15 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route44

I bought a Canon scanner and it came with OmniPage 2.0SE software. It is not the full version as you can imagine but it has been a handy tool for scanning documents and editing as needed. There is more it can do but I just started learning how to use this software. I can puchase OmniPage version 15 for $99 (the professional version is over $400 and way out of my league; plus I don't need all their business applications).

I was wondering if anyone uses OmniPage 15 (or 14) and what do you thinK of the product? What has been your experience? I have read some mixed reviews on both versions: either the person really liked it or the person really didn't like it; there was no centering on opinion, i.e., it was okay. Plus, the majority of the ones I've read gave more thumbs down then thumbs up.

Your opinions and experiences please.

personly I like abby fine reader 50.00-400.00 usd
it all depends on what yr du'n
the default software for scanner I got works fine for most things
epson scanner
abby is a great OCR interpreter
most all of adobe doc apps work real well
check out google for free software sometimes free is better

good luck

Samstoned, much thanks for the reply. What I want to do is be able to scan documents, et. al. (for my own information; not to reprint on the internet, pass out, etc.), PFDs and whatnot. I want to be able to scan and edit, as well as create with graphs, inserts, etc. If need be and then convert to Word.doc, graphs, pictures, PDFs and so on.

This is all new to me so any other suggestions would be most welcome like your reference to Abby Fine Reader. OmniPage 14 and 15 have received mixed reviews and a lot of them are not good. Plus I have read from several people that the company's tech support is some of the worst in the business. You are permitted ONE free phone call and the rest you are charged for.

So, yes, I am looking for a good OCR interpreter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back