OnePlus 7 Pro to feature 5G, "fast and smooth" display

midian182

Staff member
Something to look forward to: Last year’s OnePlus 6T handset was lauded as an excellent phone at a great price. The successor—the OnePlus 7—will soon launch, and with it comes a second model: the OnePlus 7 Pro. According to company CEO Pete Lau, this Pro device will be 5G enabled and feature a display that will “redefine fast and smooth.”

In an interview with The Verge, Lau explained that the OnePlus 7 Pro’s screen was "super-smooth and very crisp." While he never went into specific details, it’s believed the phone will come with a 90Hz refresh rate. That's faster than the 60Hz panels found on the majority of Android phones—though Asus’ ROG phones also have 90Hz refresh rates—but it's not as fast as Razer’s 120Hz handsets.

The OnePlus 7 Pro is also set to become the company’s first 5G-enabled handset, but OnePlus acknowledges that the technology’s use is still limited so it isn’t boasting about these capabilities too much.

Additionally, the flagship will be OnePlus’ first triple camera phone. It’s also said to feature a bezel-less display with curved edges and a pop-up selfie cam.

All these advanced features have added to the development cost of the OnePlus 7 Pro—the screen alone is triple the price of a standard display—which means we can expect it to be the most expensive phone the company has released. It’ll be interesting to see if fans are willing to pay the sort of prices seen in flagships from Samsung and Apple, especially as OnePlus is known for its wallet-friendly offerings.

Later today, OnePlus will be revealing news of its launch event, which is expected to take place on May 14.

Permalink to story.

Article implies that Pro will feature 5G, but I think there are going to be three models (I read somewhere elsewhere), 7, 7 Pro and 7 Pro 5G, with Pro 5G being based on Pro.
Isn't the 5G a different model based on Pro?
What do you mean?
I believe there will be two... a OnePlus 7, and a OnePlus 7 Pro. The Pro will have the popup camera and the 5G capability. Of course later, there will likely be a t model added with extra power.

I believe there will be two... a OnePlus 7, and a OnePlus 7 Pro. The Pro will have the popup camera and the 5G capability. Of course later, there will likely be a t model added with extra power.

""OnePlus is expected to launch OnePlus 7 Pro 5G as well, and the source says that it will come with the same specifications as the Pro model with the difference being 5G support. Both these phones will be offered in Blue, Grey, and Brown colors.""
That's according to GSMARENA source. It is very important for me, as 5G definitely adds more cost and I would probably choose the non 5G version for now
https://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_7_...orage_and_battery_details_leak-news-36705.php

""OnePlus is expected to launch OnePlus 7 Pro 5G as well, and the source says that it will come with the same specifications as the Pro model with the difference being 5G support. Both these phones will be offered in Blue, Grey, and Brown colors.""
That's according to GSMARENA source. It is very important for me, as 5G definitely adds more cost and I would probably choose the non 5G version for now
https://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_7_...orage_and_battery_details_leak-news-36705.php
There's been tons of rumors about the OP7 though. Given their history of releasing one phone, then one more phone later, I doubt they will suddonly offer 3 models at once... but that's just my opinion. OP7 tends to keep things simple. Why have a Pro (premium) model with "some" features and not all. People either want to save money, or want the nicest option. Only time will tell...

Back