1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

OnePlus 7 Pro with 90Hz Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display, 48MP rear camera reportedly coming...

By Shawn Knight · 11 replies
Apr 17, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. OnePlus reportedly has at least three new smartphones in the works including the OnePlus 7 Pro. Unlike earlier devices from the company, this handset will supposedly ship with a 6.64-inch curved Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display boasting a refresh rate of 90Hz.

Sources also say it’ll feature a pop-up front-facing camera, a triple array rear camera with a 48-megapixel primary shooter, stereo speakers, a 4,000mAh battery and USB 3.1 connectivity.

The standard OnePlus 7, meanwhile, is said to get a 6.4-inch flat display with a tear drop notch and a dual rear camera setup (again, a 48-megapixel shooter will serve as the primary camera). The third rumored device is the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, a handset that’ll presumably be just like the aforementioned OnePlus 7 Pro expect with a 5G radio.

According to Twitter channel @OnLeaks, OnePlus will unveil its new smartphones on May 14.

Permalink to story.

2. Christiaaan

Christiaaan TS Member Posts: 20   +10

This screen is going to look so good on the whole 30hz on youtube!!

The curved screen makes this a deal breaker for me though.

3. amstech

amstech IT Overlord Posts: 2,147   +1,310

Anything over 5.1"-5.4" is a deal breaker for me, but this is a pretty impressive phone.

(Annnnd nobody cares about me or what I use for a phone, but I will tell you anyways!
    Just got an Black Onyx S7 NIB for $208 shipped, slapped in a 32GB MicroSD and nice Spigen 4MM case, grand total of $230. Still runs on my 2016 Samsung gear VR headset, 64GB total is more then enough for me, and for only $200 the Snapdragon 820 and Adreno 530 rock the house with 8.0 Oreo! Seriously the phone tooks hours when I first got it to go through all updates! She's 3-4 years old now, but new to me.)

mrtraver and SalaSSin like this.
  4. p51d007

p51d007 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,894   +1,169

Curved screen, with a case would make it harder to use. I think the only reason for the curved edge of the screen is to "justify" the higher price, and make it harder to repair, and easier to break. No thanks, I'll stick with a FLAT screen. Nice to see the jump above 4,000mAH on the battery though.

5. Adi6293

Adi6293 TS Addict Posts: 153   +99

Yeah man I'm not a fan of those curved screen either that's why I picked the XZ Premium over the S8 when I was upgrading from my S6, I wish Sony made a phone in the shape of XZ Premium but with fully body screen say 6.5" - 7", fingerprint sensor on the side, good speakers and cameras :)

6. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 4,367   +2,883

No they don't, get your facts right! Phone companies have been pushing this stuff, for the lack of new ideas. Nobody really wanted foldable phones.

7. Vulcanproject

Vulcanproject TS Evangelist Posts: 695   +949

Battery life will still probably be garbage. I have become immune to fancy specs in phones and only more skeptical about their usefulness in relation to how long I can keep it away from a charger.

In this case a quad HD 90hz screen gives me little hope.

ZackL04 likes this.
  8. soulsassassin

soulsassassin TS Addict Posts: 128   +56

its only enough because you're used to using smaller screen if you use a 6 inch screen for example getting back to a 5 inch would be hard ,

D3z4R1 likes this.
  9. D3z4R1

D3z4R1 TS Enthusiast Posts: 37

Totally agree. When I replaced my iPhone 5 with the iPhone 6 Plus, using a smaller screen felt awkward.

I later upgraded to the 7 Plus and now onto a Galaxy S9 Plus. I could probably get accustomed to using a smaller screen if that was my only option. But as it stands, the larger the better; provided the phone is comfortable enough to hold.

But again, it all come down to user preference.

10. OutlawCecil

OutlawCecil TS Guru Posts: 653   +469

OnePlus phones are among the (if not THE) fastest charging phones. My 3T can make it a day and a half with decent use without charging and with my Dash car charger, I can get a solid 30% of the short drive to work. Battery life is NOT a problem for OnePlus phones.

11. amstech

amstech IT Overlord Posts: 2,147   +1,310

Not for me, don't get me wrong I have a buddy with a Samsung Note and its just too bulky. Going back to my 5.1 didn't seem small, the 5.8 just felt too big, its like holding a tablet. Again, to each his own.

12. soulsassassin

soulsassassin TS Addict Posts: 128   +56

I respect your opinion

amstech likes this.

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...