Open browser disappears from taskbar

learninmypc

I'm talking about the bar that has the Start button at the far left & notification area & clock at the other?
TASKBAR.jpg

If in fact it is the Taskbar, how do I keep my active browsers visible in it?
I'm tired of having to use the Alt/Tab keys to bring them back. Yes, I did right click the "taskbar" & put a check mark in Lock The Taskbar, but it don't help all the time. Help please & Thanks.

I'm talking about the bar that has the Start button at the far left & notification area & clock at the other?
TASKBAR.jpg

If in fact it is the Taskbar, how do I keep my active browsers visible in it?
I'm tired of having to use the Alt/Tab keys to bring them back. Yes, I did right click the "taskbar" & put a check mark in Lock The Taskbar, but it don't help all the time. Help please & Thanks.
This is how it sometimes looks with browser open
TASKBARBrowser.jpg

Well, Since I originally posted this, it seems Opera is the only browser
that don't disappear from the taskbar.
I dumped Google Chrome because the adblock addon wouldn't work even after I uninstalled/reinstalled it.
I'd still like to know why SeaMonkey & Firefox sporadically hide?

No solutions here - but I will mention that it also happens to me on occasion in XP. Sometimes it occurs when I hit the minimize button, and sometimes just randomly. I've just been patient and alt-tabbed 'em back.

No solutions here - but I will mention that it also happens to me on occasion in XP. Sometimes it occurs when I hit the minimize button, and sometimes just randomly. I've just been patient and alt-tabbed 'em back.
Thank you very much for your reply. I was beginning to think it was just me.:)Mine even disappear as I'm using the a browser, but I too alt-tab 'em back.

Back