Opera tutorial

This is all I could come up with: http://www.opera.com/browser/tips/

What type of information are you looking for?

I had Opera a dozen some years ago & loved it. I don't know what happened,but I haven't had it for some time.
I'm just trying to find out how to remove or not have certain things installed if possible.
I haven't downloaded the latest one,yet,but if I can find someone to help me along,fine.
I just dumped Google Chrome & SRware Iron because I didn't use them too much.
I currently have & use Firefox & SeaMonkey. SeaMonkey is my default browser.:)

I've downloaded & installed Opera, I'd like to know how to put my bookmark folder(s) horizontally in the bookmark bar. TIA :)

I'd right click in some blank space up there and select customize and then appearance, then go to the toolbars tab (should be selected if you got to it the way I described). Then you can check bookmarks bar. Buttons tab is also pretty useful. When in the customization mode you can drag and drop locations of things.

At first glance it appears my link above maybe isn't very helpful, but if you go down the page a bit they have sections you can click, which then goes to several subsections.

Here is one on Menus and Toolbars: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/personalize/ui/#toolbars

I'd right click in some blank space up there and select customize and then appearance, then go to the toolbars tab (should be selected if you got to it the way I described). Then you can check bookmarks bar. Buttons tab is also pretty useful. When in the customization mode you can drag and drop locations of things.

At first glance it appears my link above maybe isn't very helpful, but if you go down the page a bit they have sections you can click, which then goes to several subsections.

Here is one on Menus and Toolbars: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/personalize/ui/#toolbars

I'll check that other link out. I just need more patience with myself,I guess. Thanks for your input.

I've downloaded & installed Opera, I'd like to know how to put my bookmark folder(s) horizontally in the bookmark bar. TIA :)
I don’t think you can put folders on the Bookmark Bar, but you can put individual bookmarks i.e. sites, as follows:

Opera > View > Toolbars > make sure “Bookmarks Bar” is ticked.
Enter (in the Address Bar) a website/page you want to add to it.
Drag and drop the icon on the left of the Address Bar onto the Bookmarks Bar.
Repeat for all websites/pages you want to add.

Starting Opera will then take longer because it also has to prepare the sites on the Bookmarks Bar. But from then on you can access these sites instantly.

Furthermore, by using the tabs, Bookmarks Bar and Speed Dialing, you can access directly most sites you use regularly.

I don’t think you can put folders on the Bookmark Bar, but you can put individual bookmarks i.e. sites, as follows:

Opera > View > Toolbars > make sure “Bookmarks Bar” is ticked.
Enter (in the Address Bar) a website/page you want to add to it.
Drag and drop the icon on the left of the Address Bar onto the Bookmarks Bar.
Repeat for all websites/pages you want to add.

Starting Opera will then take longer because it also has to prepare the sites on the Bookmarks Bar. But from then on you can access these sites instantly.

Furthermore, by using the tabs, Bookmarks Bar and Speed Dialing, you can access directly most sites you use regularly.

Thanks for the input. Obviously different from Firefox & SeaMonkey. :)

I tried to setting up Opera to check my gmail accts but if I understand it correctly, it wants to download my emails to my computer. I DO NOT want that. So is the only way to access my gmail to just go thru www.google.com ??

I don’t understand your question. What I do, I access my gmail account login page from Opera bookmarks, then I enter username and password (Opera can save these and enter them with a click) and my inbox appears. Clicking on a message opens it.

I don’t understand your question. What I do, I access my gmail account login page from Opera bookmarks, then I enter username and password (Opera can save these and enter them with a click) and my inbox appears. Clicking on a message opens it.

Ok, on the TOP bar of my Opera browser I clicked Tools>Mail & chat accounts because I was going to try to set up my 4 email accounts that way.
I proceeded to fill in the proper areas till it said something about importing unread emails to my computer I guess so I could read/reply to them but I said no to that because I don't need it.
So, instead,I'm simply going to google.com to access them.
I hope I've explained it clearly enough.

You go thru google the very first time only. But once you’ve got to your inbox, you store its URL in your bookmarks, or better tabs, and after that you go to your inbox directly without passing thru google.

Furthermore, you can also store your username – password into Opera so that it enters them automatically with a click on the key icon.

You go thru google the very first time only. But once you’ve got to your inbox, you store its URL in your bookmarks, or better tabs, and after that you go to your inbox directly without passing thru google.

Furthermore, you can also store your username – password into Opera so that it enters them automatically with a click on the key icon.

Yes, I'm still learning Opera. I put google.com in my speed dial. I was hoping to get some kind of email notifier like what I use in SeaMoney/Firefox but I'm not going to worry too much about it. Thanks for your reply.

How do I delete the bookmarks in this
Bookmarks.jpg

There are more,but I cut it short. Yes,I've tried right clicking to delete,but no delete.TIA

Yes, you click Manage Bookmarks… and you can then delete, move (cut-past) etc either by selecting options from the top or just by right clicking an entry.

Yes, you click Manage Bookmarks… and you can then delete, move (cut-past) etc either by selecting options from the top or just by right clicking an entry.

I'm obviously lost. I followed your directions exactly but no "options", nor could I even find those bookmarks:confused: I may just have to leave them.

Manage Bookmarks from the Bookmarks menu like others said. They are there. If they aren't, click outside of any of the folders in the left column, then they should appear in the right pane.

You want to delete bookmarks that you don't want? Click on the folder to expand them, then you should see each individual bookmarks. Then click & press delete. Btw, the "deleted" bookmarks will go to the Trash bin. So you can undo your action if you deleted the wrong one.

According to Help>Check for updates,I have the latest version. I'll tinker around with it for a bit. Maybe I'll just keep them as short cuts;)

Back