Opinions on setup. What should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I am wanting to upgrade my system to something with bigger goulies & was after some experienced opinions. Now bear in mind that I don't want to break the bank but something mid range I think would suffice. Am doing a bit of graphic design & basic office stuff so will be running the likes of Photoshop/Illustrator/Corel/Acrobat Pro, MYOB, & standard OS add ons, would still like to stick with XP for the moment as I don't want Vista chewing up my resources (that & the fact I couldn't give a toss what it looks like).

Won't be playing computer games with it either.

So start throwing your 5 cents worth. Thanks in advance.

Matt

Do you have any preferences as to makes of parts (ie, nVidia vs ATI or AMD vs Intel?)

And what is your price range, that is pretty much essential before deciding on what to put in.

No hardcore preferences Noodles although I do lean toward Intel (but not essential) when it comes to CPU but at the end of the day the 3 key issues are Compatibility, Reliability & Performance under load. Budgetwise if I can get the job done under $1500AUS (minus monitor) I'd be happy.

Thanks.

Matt

lol

Ramdens <<< anything off his specs ! I would highly recommend his E6600 if its in your budget, that cpu rules the world right now.
my opinion only*** stay away from ATI << too many driver issues..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back