Opinions on the GeForce 8600GT Super

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a brief search but there appears to be mixed opinions of this. I read a few online reviews and most said it was very good, however I just purchased a new machine (being built as we speak) and it has a GeForce 8600GT Super and the built in GeForce 7150 N-Force 630i.

I was wonder if its any good? I really hope I dont require an upgrade so soon after buying a new pc!!

Thanks all.

That card will do you fine for now, but eventually you will want to upgrade to either an 8800 or higher depending on your budget.

thats not good!! only just got the new machine I dont want to be upgrading it already! the guy said it would run crysis no problem! i guess that was a lie then?

I had a 8600GT running in a 6gig Dual core with 4gig DDR2 RAM, Crysis would only run smooth on Low settings, when I tried to run at medium when any big aliens turned up it slowed to snail pace. I upgraded to 8800GTS hich runs the game fine.

thats depressing :(

The processor of new machine is Quad core Q6600 2.4hz mildly overclocked (15%), with 4GB ram. Hopefully it will be able to at least play the game!! :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back