Orrin Hatch: Software Pirate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS | Thomas

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) suggested Tuesday that people who download copyright materials from the Internet should have their computers automatically destroyed. But Hatch himself is using unlicensed software on his official website, which presumably would qualify his computer to be smoked by the system he proposes.

The senator's site makes extensive use of a JavaScript menu system developed by Milonic Solutions, a software company based in the United Kingdom. The copyright-protected code has not been licensed for use on Hatch's website.

"It's an unlicensed copy," said Andy Woolley, who runs Milonic. "It's very unfortunate for him because of those comments he made."

Would you like to know more? I guess that's Karma in action for ya.

Hm, not that politicians should be given any credibility whatsoever but this is just another example of the people who sit in our governments. Sadly, lying and cheating politicians are not an American specialty.

I find this kind of funny. Shows that even people against things are guilty of what they are speaking out against (or things that are already considered crimes). Just this time its somethign people can readily see. Normally a senator gets pulled over for speeding or some other public official and the police are scared to ticket them so they just let them go. This time its just ordinary citizens catching the big name guys. My advice to public officials concerning anything electronic: Be aware of what you are speaking out against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back