Outlook 2003 PST file Log Full

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticRains

Hello Everyone,
Outlook has been updated from Ver 2000 to 2003.
Now it will not receive or send emails.

I have found online a page that states how to go to the registy to change the file log size. It does not say if all the emails, etc. will be lost or not.

Is there a way to increase the PST file size without loosing the info and emails in the current PST file??

Any suggestions would be great, Thanks.

Hi

It must be a big PST file, mine is 1.5GB and has never been emptied or sorted (must get round to it one day), are you sure there is enough space on the drive, you can of course just rename the current PST from outlook.pst to outlook1.pst, then open outlook, it will complain about the location changing and any rules will be lost, once its open, see if you can recieve mail, if not then its not the size of the PST that is the problem, if it does recieve ok then simply click file > open > outlook data file and browse to the old file, in effect you can open as many PST files as you like... and close them again... but you cant close the one outlook treats as the main one.

Regards

Yes it is a very large file. She has not deleted that many emails for a long time. This sounds great. I'll give it a go.
Thank you very much for your suggestion! : )

Have a delightful day!

You could also try Archiving it is handy. It will save you from resetting the functioning PST file , etc.
And you can always search for old emails quickly right in Outllook or OE

Liquidlen said:
You could also try Archiving

Thats the box I keep clicking "Cancel" on when it pops up, your right I really must think about it one day... nope time for a beer:slurp:

Regards

You can stop that box from popping up by changing the settings for Archiving to' not archive automatically'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back