Outlook express and wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandpaul

Hello,
I am finally on a wireless network! No more dial-up! However, when I connect to Outlook Express, my computer still wants to dial. So, it does. Do you know why my wireless connection doesn't check my email instead of dialing? Also, I use Mozilla Firefox for my browser. I have downloaded Thunderbird, but can't seem to make it work. (Eventually, I would like to just use Thunderbird, but for now, would like to get Outlook Express working.)

Thank you for the help! Maggie :wave:

In your Internet Options control panel, switch it from always dial a connection to never dial a connection.

poke around in the Tools>Options/Settings in outlook express.. from the time i used to use it i remembered something along the lines of something about connection settings, maybe in send/recieve or accounts (can't remember)

You could try run the network wizard again and select "this computer connects to a gateway or another pc to go internet" or something. and then delete the actual dialer if you don't use it..

thunderbird is easy to program. Just copy all your settings for severs info from outlook over to thunderbird. It should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back