Overclocking a Q6700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medic-5150

Hi,

I've overclocked in the past, nothing serious. I know the basics. However, my BIOS does not have an option to raise the clock speed. Is there any third party program I can use to overclock my processor, or would a simple BIOS update fix that? I have an Intel DQ35JO motherboard. It has the original BIOS I'm not sure on the version, but I know there are more recent versions.

Thanks for any help

There could be a BIOS with more flexible settings but you could also try finding a custom/modded build that will give you more freedom. I would give flashing a new retail BIOS a try first and see if that gives you some added options. For the most part, if the BIOS on a particular board doesn't offer some more "Advanced" settings, the chances are the board won't overclock well... but if done correctly it's worth a try. Also, you could download a program like SpeedFan to adjust the clock speeds but I don't recommend doing it through software... it's usually less stable.

Does anyone know of a custom BIOS for a DQ35JO motherboard? Or at least where I may be able to find one? I flashed the BIOS and got nothing by the means of overclocking abilities. It did fix a few other issues, but not this one.

Thank you

look in your motherboards manual for how to open advanced settings
for example: on my motherboard i have to press ctrl+f1 to be able to change RAM timings

Hi, I looked through the manual and didn't see anything. I can adjust ram timings, frequency, and voltage though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back