Status
Not open for further replies.

aege125

P4 Prescott 3.0Ghz FBS effective clock 800mhz socket 478
ASRock P4VM890
Sapphire X1650 Pro
1GB PC3200 DDR
512MB PC3200 DDR

When I increase the FBS by 10Mhz, there is noticeable longer boot time to get to my desktop (maybe like 7+ secs). Is this normal? (15x Multiplier). Would this longer boot time mean something? Would my computer run slower?

Another Question: i can set my DRAM frequency to 166Mhz or 200Mhz. When i overclock my DRAM frequency should be set at 166 Mhz right? (when i overclock it goes to like 215mhz, which is bad cause its not suppose to go over rated freqency?) But i set it on 166Mhz with the 10Mhz overclock and now it at 175mhz

Btw what is FBS : DRAM .... its 6:5 for me

Overclocking by 20Mhz causes my computer to become unstable and i get graphics errors.... and when i tried to overclock my GPU and mem by even only 5Mhz, i get screen flashes (constant non-stop) while playing a game. Are all my problems linked to my $50 motherboard.

should i revert to stock FBS settings and just have 200Mhz for DRAM frequency?

I've noticed the first time I boot into Windows at a different overclock Windows seems too take more time. The next time it loads normal.

Memory speed depends totally on what your memory can do--not necessarily what it is rated to do. Most RAM will go faster than it's rated, especially with looser timings. 166 will give you more headroom but if it's stable at 200 I'd use it. The higher speed is not going to hurt it, only raising the voltage or extreme heat will do that.

the next time i boot i still get the same load time.... i tried many times ... and for some reason i get lower fps when i play crysis on medium quality when i overclock by 10mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back