Overclocking software

Hi would be grate if anyone can help, looking for a software that overclocks the cpu, if their is any. Looking for something like rivatuner. Just want to add that i know i can change it in the bios just want to know if their is a windows prog like rivatuner.

Regards.

Hi foxalot and welcome to Techspot :) If you happen to be on an AMD platform there is always AMD Overdrive. Motherboard manufacturers also offer assorted OC tools that would be specific to your hardware.

???????????

Thanx for your reply and yes i am on a amd platform, my system: mcpsp m2+ biostar MB, 8600 gt gforce, phenom 9550 quad blck edition, 4g ram windows7 64: currently its sitting on each core 2.2 i know the max for best preformance 2.6 but on this motherboard it seems to not want to overclock and keeps resetting,hw i know is when using cpu-z in windows7 it shows 2.2 can you help i know this is a difficult one but any help will be really great, doing a bios update tonight not sure if that going to help will keep posted. Thanx again

Why don't you Oc in the BIOS directly? -just change the multiplier and see what you can get it up to and then you might have to give it some extra volts too :)

Like (for ex) I have done, my CPUs vCore (by default) should be 0.875 to 1.4 but I have set it to 1.6 and it's default "speed" is 3.2GHz but now it's running at 4GHz.

I was overclocking it in the bios directly BUT was not changing the voltage Will give this a try and keep you posted thanks for your reply.

But be careful when changing the voltage, your CPUs default voltage is between 1.15v and 1.25v and then you have to make sure that the cooler you have can handle it too. If you need to change the bus speed then you have to check the memories speed too...the smartest would be to "take a base line" with (for ex.) CPU-Z.
You will want to write down at least the "bus speed" and "dram frequency", if you are going to fine tune the overclock by increasing the bus speed then the dram frequency will also increase and if it increases much you will get bluescreens...and loads of them..
Then there is also one other thing you can do to get better performance, you can also increase the NB frequency (under HT Link in CPU-Z). Now for example I'm once again going to use my rigs overclock, by default mine is 2000MHz but now it is running at 2200MHz and on my mobo I only needed to change its multiplier to get it to increase so it was easy enough :) and I could actually increase it some more because I have just recently added a few fans to my rig. I guess the max for my rig is 2500-2600MHz...but that is different for everyone...

Then one other thing, do it step-by-step / one thing at the time and see how it runs and if it's stable and don't push everything to the max at once, increase just a notch at the time :D

Anyhow, keep this thread up to date :)

P.S. The AMD Overdrive doesn't work for me, it doesn't recognize the vCore, Core Temp. and it can't "find" all the cores :/ then also the "Auto tune" or what ever it was called, the thing that should overclock the system automatically just gets me a big fat bluescreen...so that's also why i recommend a "manual overclock" :) oh...and btw, I have a Noctua NH-D14 that keeps my CPU @ ~33 Celsius (idle) and at full load it can go up to ~55 Celsius

Ok well just think its one of those things, where you got 2 friends that dont like eachother, nothing working i have tried every comination in the bios and still nothing, think ill be on my way to go buy a new mobo, love to see the max of my prosessor this is what i love to do:D, TO BE CONTINUED.......;)

Oh, while you are at it, if u want a cheap processor then go for the AMD Phenom II 555, it's a DualCore with two cores disabled that can be re-enabled so that it can run ans a Quad Core :D also the default speed is 3.2GHz and it can be overclocked to 4GHz...that's the one I have and my opinion is that the power/money rate is very good :)

Back