P5N32-E-SLI + Q9300 + Geil Ultra Dual

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky_could_fall

Hi!
I got this few days ago, so I decided to put it all together and I have a few questions.

Does this MB (Asus P5N32-E-Sli nForce 680i) support Q9300 with BIOS update?
On default voltage on RAM dimms is 1.8v but on Geil RAM-s it says that it should be 2.1v. Can I safely change it to 2.1v?

Sorry for bad english,

What bad english?

Anyways, the Q9300 isn't anywhere on the CPU Support list for the P5N32-E SLI, but I have this thread on another forum where someone has managed to get it working with a beta (at the time) BIOS. It's a couple of months old, so I think the latest BIOS will allow you to get the CPU working properly.

And yes, you can set the RAM to work at 2.1V if it's specified by GeiL. I personally wouldn't mess with it though, unless you're really into overclocking and are willing to buy more RAM if you fry this one.

TNX

Tnx a lot. I have same problems like the guy in that thread. But everything is fine now except the temp. It shows 60C all time but i think it`s not the big problem right now, becouse i mesaured it and it says ~30C.

It`s cpu

I`v tried everything but it stil restarts all the time. I changed everything except cpu and mb. I have some celeron and with him it works fine. today i will try q6600 it`s suposed to work. I think it`s simple. old mb with nForce 680i and new cpu q9300. How much is q9300 anyway?(in your country) I`m from serbia and here is about 200 euros.

for the q9300 you need the 1404 bios. As for the ram, you can manually adjust the memory voltage and timings if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back