Page never loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

expertwannabe

Windows 2000 pro
HP DC5000 MB
2 gigs mem
Ok about a month ago I went to surf the web and kept getting "web site found waiting for reply" but the page never loaded.
I used the win 2k install disk, ran the repair and that fixed it. Yesterday the same thing happened "web site found waiting for reply" but the page never loaded, ran the repair again but this time that did not fix it. Help please.

All pages.
I went ahead and did a clean install of the OS and working perfect now,but I sure would like to know the cause of the problem

It may be due to lot of thing.

First it may be due to Virus, Browser working badly, etc.... In this case sometimes it is better to do what you did a Clean OS install.

If it happens again, try unplugging your router/modem and wait a few minutes, then try again. This happens to me sometimes and resetting my router seems to work.

I have rebooted modem and router several times,also I failed to mention I have another pc and a laptop on a wired router,both have no problems connecting to the internet both have XP only my win2k machine was having this problem
thanks

Windows 2000 pro
HP DC5000 MB
2 gigs mem
Ok about a month ago I went to surf the web and kept getting "web site found waiting for reply" but the page never loaded.
I used the win 2k install disk, ran the repair and that fixed it. Yesterday the same thing happened "web site found waiting for reply" but the page never loaded, ran the repair again but this time that did not fix it. Help please.

Are you using an on-board NIC (Network Interface Card) or is it a PCI NIC card installed in that Win2K PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back