Paris Taxis run on compressed air motor, India too!

TonyGuitar

Taxis in Paris run on the French compressed-air motor. No gas, no diesel, no bio-fuel. Just run a compressor at night. Almost like running a caharger for your electric car. [ Photo ]

http://BendGovernment.blogspot.com

Did you know all those *Smart* people who invest in hybrids are going to be stranded in the driveway during a gas shortage just like you and I?

That*s because most hybrids must have gas or diesel in the tank to run without damage. Ony a tiny minority of PEVs can run on battery only. There will be some very steaming mad folks... eh?

Municipal staff engineers are opting for Bio-fuel and Battery fleets, especially in California. They want to get around and fix things during a gas shortage emergency.

The Phoenix Short Box Pick-up is popular and ideal. Good looking SUT, [ Sport Utility P/U ] [ Photo ], Remember, no gas to buy so you save about $400 a month... Your choice, Battery or compressed air?

http://TonyGuitar.blogspot.com

Chrysler confirms 2-tier strategy for Chery vehicles

CHELSEA, Mich. -- Nissan's Carlos Ghosn talks about a $3,000 car.

http://tinyurl.com/22nnrd

But the best Chrysler can hope for from China's Chery Automobile Co. is a car that might sell for around twice that price.

Three thousand *is pretty low,* said Frank Klegon, Chrysler's executive vice president of product development. *I don't know if I can get a $3,000 or $4,000 car out of China. Maybe, $5,000 or $6,000.*

During an interview at a press event here last month, Klegon acknowledged what sources outside the company had been saying for months - that Chrysler is developing a two-tier vehicle strategy with its Chinese partner:

1. Low-tech, low-cost vehicles for such regions as Central and South America.

2. More premium vehicles for the United States, Canada and western Europe.
=========================== autoweek.com/

Tata motors India producing vehicles for 3K and 4K that run on [your choice], battery pack or compressed air.

It*s enough to tempt a Scot to move to India. . . ** Look Ma, no gas or diesel!**

or, ** Opec, up yours!** = TG

This is an update also posted to SmallDeadAnimals.com

Easy, Just run the air compressor for a time or swap to the reserve tank.

Running the compressor for a time is similar to running a battery charger for the battery pack in an EV.

In both cases there is no need to pay out $50 for a fill-up at the gas /diesel pump.

You can see how all those $50 fill-ups you skip will save you a summer cabin in time. = TG

Ravisunny2,

Familliar words.

In the spirit of true frugality, it may be cheaper to import one of those compressed air vehicles from Tata Motors with you as my *agent in Kolkata*.

The idea of getting around town without having to buy gas or diesel is enough to make one lightheaded. = TG

It'll be a lot cheaper to pick it up at a showroom close to you.

Agent ? Na. Not my cup of tea.

I'm an engineer, teacher, landlord...

Which Motors.......?

TonyGuitar said:
Ravisunny2,

Familliar words.

In the spirit of true frugality, it may be cheaper to import one of those compressed air vehicles from Tata Motors with you as my *agent in Kolkata*.

The idea of getting around town without having to buy gas or diesel is enough to make one lightheaded. = TG

But I thought "Tata" was only half of a pair.

Anyway unless you blow into the engine yourself, pollution must happen somewhere. I'm sure there's less guilt in pollution by proxy.

You do understand when I said Paris's taxi runs on hype and hot air, I was referring to Paris Hilton, don't you?

Those of you who obviously spend way too much time in front of your computers must surely know that the majority of performance improvements in electronics have been precipitated by massive strides in micro-miniaturization. Unless you concoct a way to miniaturize the American a** and ego, attempts to increase efficiency and reduce pollution in vehicles are bound to be thwarted by the coefficient of how many beer swilling *****s it takes to fill a Hummer.

4350 psi!!!.........Id want to know that tank had been checked for leaks on a daily basis :O

My truck runs on moonshine (e85) most of the time. I don't like supporting Arab oil. Good 'ole hooch!

captaincranky,

For eight months, I lived lived in Southern CA, USA, which may just have the world's worst air on this side of Mexico City. Yet I still see lots of big SUVs and the occasional Hummer. I make no excuses for most Americans, so many are a**hats, especially while in vehicles. I laugh at them as I pass the gas station on the way to the bank.

Not to mention the recent howling over the credit crunch, when most of the people in the credit toilet are in it of their own accord. Still, I hate seeing my paycheck dwindling in real value because of all these fools using Monopoly money to buy everything.

I'd love a compressed air vehicle, though.

witg

Back