Password Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Wife Gave Me A Dell Laptop Inspiron E1400 But She Put A Password On It And Can't Remember What It Is.i Can Get Past The First Windows But The Second Windows That Shows Shows Her User Name And Prompts For The Password In The Small Windows.is There Anyone That Can Help To Get Past This Window Or Remove The Password I Would Appreciate It Very Much.

You can boot it in to windows safe mode by pressing F8 when the laptop is turning on, then select same mode and login to the administrator. Then from the administrator account you can go to the user accounts setting under the control pannel and delete the password for the account that you do not know the password for.

Sorry if those instructions arent detalied enough or you cant follow them for any reason. I will be able to provide better instructions when I get home if they are required.

Detailed instructions.

Reboot PC and bring up advanced boot options by pressing F8 or F12 (depending on pc), choose the "safe mode" option and log onto ADMINISTRATOR. Once inside windows go to control panel/User Accounts/User Accounts then select the password protected account and select "reset password".

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back