PC building kits?

HeadFonez

Any good PC building tool kits, i'm about to build my rig soon and I wanted to know what would be the best thing to get. >:p

It's not necessary to quote the entire post ahead of yours to reply to it.

Is this tool kit's primary use to assemble a PC? IMO, all you really need is a #2 phillips head screwdriver, maybe a #2 flat blade screwdriver to help pry out the I/O cover plates in the back of the case and a pair of pliers to snug up motherboard standoffs to just beyond finger tight. Instead of pliers I use the proper sized 1/4" drive socket but I have a large automotive tool set from which to draw.

Uhh, it will be for PC building and for unscrewing stuff that is broken or old to "explore" I just don't feel like going to buy individual stuff and enjoy kits, as they usually come with a nifty storage case.

As you may know there are many different kits with varying compositions. Take a look at what Newegg has to offer and pick one although I'm not saying you need to buy it from there. I've already stated what tools I think you need. The rest are optional.

You could pick out a kit or two or three and link them here and ask for opinions or just go for what captaincranky suggested.

I went through about four pages of tools, and (as one might expect), the store brand Rosewill was the most reasonable. Twenty bucks, and it does come with a wrist strap, which would be about 8 bucks anyhoo....

I'm with you, cases are neat. You tend to lose less stuff when you have a visual representation of what should be there, before you put it away.

I can't imagine actually using close to all the things in that kit. PC's seem to pretty much just have Phillips head screws in them. If I were you, I would just get a decent screwdriver- slightly magnetic ones seem to work best, as they hold on to the screws, but don't mess up your hard drives. I've never bothered with anti-static straps ever either. I just try to touch something grounded, like a plugged in PSU, before handling more sensitive hardware.

You don't need anything to build a computer :(.
Screwdriver isn't even necessary because it doesn't need to be particularly tight; just bare hands will do ok. Though I definitely would advise that you get a proper phillips head, thats it though.

I'll get a magnetic philips head, pliers and a flat head screw driver? I'm a beginner so i don't know what is needed to build a computer, and i'm like ;O

Back