Pc freezes when I start a game

So yesterday I switched back to windows7 , I was playing csgo and suddenly my pc crashed, black screen and stuttering noise. I restarded my pc again and tried to play Assasins Creed same thing happend. I tried to run GPU stress test through MSI Kombustor on 1280x720 res and when Gpu reached 66C pc crashed. Thing I tried - scan pc with antivirus, reinstall GPU drivers (After reinstalling I tried to play AC again it didnt crash so I thought it's ok but today when I started playing csgo pc crashed again). I also ran windows memory diagnostic tool and everything seems alright. Btw when I'm watching videos, streams or just browsing web pc won't crash.

Pc specs CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor
GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series
MOBO: GIGABYTE 970A-D3
PSU: Eurocase ATX-700WA-14-85-M
RAM: Kingston 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3

So I gather you were in Win 10 or Win 8, then decided to go back to Win 7. Please check web for videos which tell how to do what you intended - and see if you missed any steps.

GPU crash at 66C - limit set low in BIOS? are extra power connections properly seated?

Error codes? Event Viewer have any critical errors?

I think that crash at 66C is not the case I used to play on higher temps before these crash things and nothing really happend, I will look on Event Viewer and tell if necessary

Today I had 2 critical errors and I guess its because when pc crashed I used reboot button on my case to restart PC

So the only critical error is the hard reboot from crash.
Crash at 66C is certainly too low - but why did it happen? Again, "- is limit set low in BIOS? are extra power connections properly seated? "
Also verify that video card is fully and properly seated in slot.

So I opened my PC and cleaned dust out of it and also checked extra power connections and GPU , I let PC case opened and tried to play game , I played for 4 hours and it didnt crash. I try to play today with PC case closed and see if it crash or not.

I will try that software, btw I played with closed case temps were higher than 66C and it didnt crash , I guess it was bad connection to PSU because I changed my PSU before month or so.

Back