PC Infected by CWS Home Search Assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cool:

I have attached my Highjackthis log file.

Can anyone help me please get rid of this.

Thank you.

Attachments

• hijackthislog1.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 14
Thanks for the reply realblackstuff, but when I run Spyware Doctor it says I have the CWS Home Search Assistant.

What do you think is going on ?

Same opinion here!

Personally, from what I've just read about Spyware Doctor, it's not the best program in the world anyway (apparently has a large memory footprint and uses too much CPU time). Personally, I would do away with it and continue to use the other tools.

Generally speaking, if you have a variant of CWS, CWS Shredder will find it and get rid of it.

Some people don't like:
O2 - BHO: ST - {9394EDE7-C8B5-483E-8773-474BF36AF6E4} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\ST\01.03.0000.1005\en-xu\stmain.dl

It is part of MSN Toolbar.

No CWS.

You can if you like pixeeman, but in all honesty, it probably won't make much difference (Your machine is clean! can't you just accept it!? lmao {kidding})

seriously though, if it will make you feel better, run another HJT scan, compare the log with the one you've posted here, and if it's any different feel free to post it :) If not, you're clean.

Thank you realblackstuff and Spike. I have uninstalled Spyware Doctor and my PC does seem to be running a lot faster.

Thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back